1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping Audio only from concert DVD ?.....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jomarrod, Apr 16, 2005.

1. jomarrod

jomarrod Member

I'd like to extract the Audio from a DVD concert and burn it on a CD to listen to it on my stereo.

How could this be done?...

Thanks!

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

probabaly not neph but the questions the same

post 1:

I'd like to extract the Audio from a DVD concert and burn it on a CD to listen to it on my stereo.

How could this be done?...

Thanks!

post 2:

i want to rip the audio from some of my dvd's and burn them on CD's. I came across DVD Audio Ripper v.2.0 for $29.00

Is there an inexpensive version for ripping audio only to be burn on CD's or is the price fair enough?

Thanks!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/182268

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2005
  3. jomarrod

jomarrod Member

Sorry about it. The second post pretty much is the answer to my own first question however I still would like to know if anyone has an input on this.

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

5. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

I would user somethign like DVD2AVI and rip it to a wav file and encode ti to mp3 with LAME. Thats free.

6. sljusevi

sljusevi Guest

blää

7. diabolos

diabolos Guest

When I do this sort of thing I use [bold]DVD Decrypter[/bold]. Is DVD entierly a concert or is it a documentary with a concert on it? Most concert discs use the LPCM format while everything else uses the lossy AC3 format to store audio data. If your DVD is encoded using the LPCM format then DVD Decrypter will create a playable WAV file that can be easilly down-mixed (transcoded) to a 44.1 KHz, 16 bit, PCM file (CD Quality). The only problem is with the AC3 format (if you have to create a WAV from it).

Lastly, don't create an Mp3 or any type of lossy audio file from your DVD audio file. Always use a WAV or a lossless audio format to hold the music from a source as good as a DVD (for best quality and results).

DVD Decrypter:
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
    I can show you how to use DVD Decrypter if you want?

Ced

8. jomarrod

jomarrod Member

diabolos,

The dvd is just a concert with some bonus features but all I want is the concert. I am not a dvd decrypter savvy but the times I have used it to back up a dvd, I did not see an audio file (just a dvd decrypter *.ISO file). Must I change the settings somehow in order to get an audio file?....

I would greatly appreciate as many details as you can provide on how to get this to work.

Thank you

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  9. diabolos

diabolos Guest

OK, then I guess we will figure out the file type after you rip...

1) First make sure that DVD Decrypter is in IFO Mode!

2) Click on the main Concert file under the input tab

At this point you can choose to rip all of it or just one scene (or song).

3) After sellecting the files you want to rip, click on the Stream Proccessing tab.

4) Enable Stream Proccessing

5) Check the Audio stream box only!

If there are multiple audio streams choose the one that only has two channels.

6) Now, [bold]highlight[/bold] the checked auido stream and choose to Demux it

Now your ready to rip!

7) Rip the DVD (audio stream) to your hard drive by clicking on the DVD to hard-drive icon.

That should create either a LPCM or a AC3 file.

Ced

10. brattboy

brattboy Member

hello diabolos

i read your step by step instructions. was able to do 'carly simon live at marthas vineyard" it worked.
    then i tried to do the same to "james taylor live at the beacon theatre" but got an error message. it read:

access violation at address 004045E7 in module "copytocd.exe" read of address 00000540

what happened? can you help me on this?

thanks...

11. Trom

Trom Regular member

I can't help you with the error message but I have used DVD Audio Ripper for a while now to rip DVD concerts and I find it does a really good job. I normally rip to a .wav file and then use Lame to convert to .mp3.

12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ Trom :why the two part , as dvd audio ripper will rip directly to mp3?

13. brattboy

brattboy Member

to: trom & andmere,

what i have are dvdshrink, dvddecryter and copy2dvd. do i need to install dvd audio ripper to make it work.

brattboy

14. andmerr

andmerr Guest

that would help.

15. brattboy

brattboy Member

hi andmere,

i already said that i was experimenting, so i did what "diabolos" wrote step by step until i was able to create an lpcm or ac3 file. since i don't have dvd audio ripper, i used copy2dvd to burn the files. it took me half an hour for the process and i was able to tranfer the audio of the dvd concert to a cd disc. the sound quality is acceptable.

newbies like me should read this, this is a good learning experience.

thanks everybody for your "threads'...

brattboy

16. waheed

waheed Member

Try DVD Audio Extractor

17. Wolfgan

Wolfgan Member

18. MoZo1

MoZo1 Member

I know, not the easyest way, but VirtualDubMod can open .vob files and you can do anything.

19. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

Easy as pie...
    supposably NDVD has an inbuild Audio copier, so you can copy audio from your DVD's, bonus... you can also use it as a normal dvd player, it stable, i think inexpensive for quality soft. and most importantly, it works, though i havn't extracted audio yet (havn't needed to).
    if you cant find what to do, i guess the easiest thing to do would be to buy the album...