1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping audio problem.

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by zEr0, Apr 2, 2002.

1. zEr0

zEr0 Member

Forgive me if this is a stupid problem, but I just started doing this for the first time. I am trying to rip the audio from a concert DVD. So far I've gotten a few tracks done, but I have now run into a problem. Each chapter is a different song, and when I rip Chapter 3, I get 2 VOB files. One VOB file has 3:51 of the song while the other has :22 of it. I was able to extract the audio from the first VOB file, but I can't get it from the second file. I'm using smart ripper to do my ripping and I was wondering if there was a way to increase the file size so the VOB file wouldn't split. Any help would be greatly apperciated. Thanks.

2. Ketola

Ketola Fighting ninjas Staff Member

The easiest solution might be to rip the entire audio track into one file and then use an audio editor (eg. Cool Edit) to split up the songs.

It's a dumb way of doing it, but I guess that's because how I would do it ;-)

3. ShovelFrd

ShovelFrd Member

I have run into same problem, just to rip
    the songs from DVDs. So i tried all the progs that floats around out here but i was
    not happy at all with them to much fiddling around. I like to keep things simple!!
    I have been into rippin' and recording for
    years and i use CoolEditPro for my sound editing needs, but when i came to rip the audio
    out of DVDs i use DVDtoMP3 just for it's simple
    GUI and it's doing what i prefer but i still tweaking with LAME ,CoolEdit etc.....

Last edited: Apr 13, 2002