1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping audio/visual from PSX games

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by KajNrig, Feb 17, 2007.

1. KajNrig

KajNrig Regular member

I'm certain that some sort of guide's been created on this already, but alas, searching through all of this site, I haven't been able to find any sort of walk-through tutorial explaining how to go about the process of ripping videos and audio tracks from video games. I did come across programs like PSMPlayer and some PCSX MC or something like that, but the first one expected me to know what the hell to do just by opening it up or something, because there was absolutely nothing in the way of helpful text, and the second one... well, it worked fine for the video files I wanted to take out, but whenever I changed the conversion settings (ie setting it to uncompressed AVI, at a resolution of 800x600 or so), the resulting file became unplayable.

I figured out that the resolution was the problem, but I didn't really understand that, either. I mean, when you play it on the TV, the resolution's gotta be... I dunno, BIG. Granted, I know nothing about how TVs work, but still, the screen's generally a BIT bigger than a computer screen. When I played the full-frames, regular-resolution file on my computer, it was stuck at the default setting, which was really small.

Anyway, any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.