1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping Blu-Rays

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by tambor198, Feb 9, 2011.

1. tambor198

tambor198 Member

I'm fairly new when it comes to playing around with blu-ray disks. I have a blu-ray movie called Solomon Kane which comes in a region 2 format. How would I go about changing the region code and then burning it to a blank bd disk so I can play it on my home theater system. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Twitt

Twitt Member

I have the same problem now & then so I'm always reading.

3. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

The easiest way, however the most expensive way, is to purchase anydvdhd from slysoft.com. Comes with a 20 day free trial. With it running you will see a red fox on your taskbar. It will automatically decrypt and make it region free. I make a folder on my desktop and right click the fox and rip files to folder.You now have the whole disk in the folder. I purchased dvdfab blu ray copy (dvdfab.com) In fab I do movie only and chose the top english audio,dts or hd or dolby. Don't use what the program picks on the audio because it's usually wrong. Fab will also decrypt but not sure about region free as I really don't need this. In fab,pick movie only, set your source to the folder on desktop. You can use title start/end to split the movie to 2 disks if it doesn't fit on a 25gb blank. If you've worked with dvd shrink for regular dvd's, fab works the same way for blu ray. If fab makes region free then you just need this program, as I said earlier I'm not sure. Also they do make region free blu ray players if you don't want to burn your disk. Anydvdhd does not burn so you need a program like fab to do it. Excellent software.Also make sure you exit anydvdhd before turning on fab. They don't play well together.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011