1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping Blu's for playback

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by gimpy73, Mar 10, 2012.

1. gimpy73

gimpy73 Member

Hi guys i would like to know if its possible, to rip an entire blu-ray to say an .iso to keep on my storage server and then play it back like an original disc??? is this possible. keeping all menu's and features??, i know the answer to this following question will be no, but would these files play back on say a WDTV?? otherwise i'll build a HTPC, cheers guys

2. stdlbw18

stdlbw18 Member

Yes and AnyDVD is the best I have found. I have an original license from when the software was buy once and free upgrades for life. You have to pay now for upgrades.

The WDTV will not support the iso I think. It says it supports the .m2ts files with .h264 and VC-1 streams. It will not support the HD DTS audio streams or PGS Subtitles. I would just open the .m2ts file and remux it with tsMuxer and it has an option to Down convert the HD-DTS to DTS. You won't probably want all of the other subtitles and audio files anyways.

3. gimpy73

gimpy73 Member

Hi, stdlbw18

thanks for the response are there any media players out there that will support the .iso format i would like to be able to just disc dump the blu's straight onto my server and play them back like they are the actual disc, thank you for the help

4. stdlbw18

stdlbw18 Member

You would mount the images with PowerISO or MagicISO or anything like that. Your computer simulates that it is a Blu-Ray drive with the media in it just now unencrypted.

5. phillip_perry

phillip_perry Member

Have you tried to Real Player? My colleague says it can play .iso files.