1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping DVD clip trouble

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by marine01, Jul 20, 2007.

1. marine01

marine01 Member

Okay, I have exhausted all hope for myself. I'm trying to rip a 2 minute clip to post on YouTube and I'm having trouble. All my DVDs are burned. I used DVDShrink to isolate the scene I want. I renamed the file with a MPG extention. Now, nothing I try will resize it. I downloaded Riva FLV Converter and that won't work. I tried Apex Video Converter, with that I can't see any video, just audio. I tried VirtualDub and I keep getting an error. All I want to do is resize this clip. It's 2 minutes and 34 Megs, way to big to upload. Any ideas??

2. attar

attar Senior member

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  3. marine01

marine01 Member

I'm not sure which version of VirtualDub I was using, but it was not MPEG2. So I downloaded it. Now I can at least get the clip to show up, but now I'm running into other problems.

First, after I go through the process, I get an error when I try to save that reads - "No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format".

But, before I got that error and it actually tried to work, it was saving at a riduclous file size, like over 100 Megs.

These are the steps I used to get things set up, maybe I fudged something up.

File>Open video file
    Video>Fast recompress
    Audio>Full processing mode
    Video>Compression>DivX MPEG-4 Low motion
    Audio>Compression>MPEG-3
    File>Save as AVI

If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

4. attar

attar Senior member

5. marine01

marine01 Member

Thanks for the input. I just downloaded SUPER and that has pretty much solved all my problems.