1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping DVD Clips

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by bree3080, Jan 18, 2007.

1. bree3080

bree3080 Member

I'm new to dvd ripping and would like to try ripping small clips from a dvd (in order to upload to Youtube). What's the best program to use for such a task?

I've been experimenting with AoA DVD Ripper, but cannot seem to overcome two problems.

1. Say I want to rip a scene that runs from 2:38 to 3:38. If I simply enter those numbers in the "Movie Clip" mode, the timing is always off. It then becomes a trial and error process of entering different start/stop times (ie. 2:37; 2:36; etc.) until the program will rip the correct scene.

2. Even if I find the correct start/stop times for the scene, the audio is always out of sync. When I try the different "Audio Problem" settings, nothing works. ("Auto" speeds up the video, while "Enhance" comes close to getting things in sync, but causes the audio to periodically skip.)

I realize this is probably very basic, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. dvdtozune

dvdtozune Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2007