1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping dvd to psp

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by fastfox, Nov 18, 2007.

1. fastfox

fastfox Member

Ive just rediscovered my PSP and thought i`d take it to work to watch movies whilst i`m on my breaks. Now haing watched all three umd movies in my collection i thought i`d convert some of my massive dvd collection.
    Does anyone know of any good free software to convert movies?
    If memory serves i used to use dvd9 converter but it appear you have to pay for this now.
    Being tighter than Bill Gates, i dont really want to have to open my wallet!!!

2. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

3. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

4. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

First, we need to download 3GP Converter,

Unzip the 3GPC .ZIP file into a directory of your choice, and run setup.exe.

[​IMG]

You may see a bunch of weird characters, but don't worry, it's set to Japanese by default. Scroll down to the bottom of the 3GP Converter Setup window and select English.

[​IMG]

scroll down to MP4, for PSP (Direct, renamed) the then press Apply. This is the setting for conversion of video files to MPEG-4 format that can be played by the PSP, and renamed so your PSP recognizes it

[​IMG]

Now, the 3GP Converter program window is open (if not, you can double-click the 3GP_Converter.exe program to run it). Click the browse button to choose where you want your converted PSP MP4 video files go example my video's.

[​IMG]

Now drag whatever file you want to convert into MPEG-4 format into the blank area of the program window. When the program is finished converting the video into MP4 format, the program will rename the file something like M4V90268.MP4. setup the USB connection on your PSP to copy video files over The correct folder name for videos is MP_ROOT\100MNV01

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

6. greening

greening Member

You can use dvd shrink to copy dvd to vob files on pc, then use SUPER to convert files to mp4 for psp, they are both free, but if it has problems, you can use aimersoft dvd to psp converter, it works very well for me