1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping dvd to video ipod....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hayden58, Jan 9, 2007.

1. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

this is not a pressing issue unless my ipod arrives in a few days, but i see that dvd fab decryptor has an option to rip to Ipod, is there anything else i will need to do this process, and can anyone give me some pointers, or is it really easy?

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

OK i would use and this is what i use to rip. i use IMM too dvd ripper platnium 4, and thne that will place the video in a divx format or whatever you want. ipod i think also. then i liek to use
    then if the audio and video get out of sync which it can sometimes, i use pocket Divx encoder and use that to resync.

3. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Xilisoft has one that can do it. I use a product made by intervideo called copy dvd 5 platinum. The DVD ripper platinum by xilisoft works really good i hear. Im into ripping individual tracks/ or chapters to .mp3s so i can either burn them to cd for my car or put them on my ipod. From what i understand nothing free out there can really do that. ofcourse i may be wrong. I think either will do nicely. i use mine to do anything once ive run anydvd. You probably new that. Feel free to PM if you get the intervideo. Ive been playing with it for about 2 .5 weeks and am happy with it. It has about 15 different file formats the dvd can be brokend down into. DVD to dvd to divx .wav, mp3, ipod, mp4, avi , list goes on. Very user friendly. Plus you dont have to make any other conversions. Its a straight shot from dvd to the mp3 in customize mode. I asked alot of questions about this topic before i bought anything. I wanted to get something free for rippin indiviual mp3s from a music dvd, but i didnt find anything . I re-read your post. Are you just looking to rip audio dvd to your ipod or do you want individual tracks? Let me know. good luck

My software- http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/InterVideoDVDCopy_Profile.jsp
    Other good choice
    xilisoft - http://www.xilisoft.com/dvd-ripper-platinum.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2007
  4. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

its a video ipod i have, and i wanna be able to put the whole movie right from the DVD (or my computer hard drive) to the ipod. which format does it usually need to go into? and does anyone have experience with DVD FAB decryptor to ipod video's?

5. bahgee

bahgee Guest

6. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

thanks, i read all that, and now i dont know if im more or less confused. anyone....whats the best free software to use? and has any ever tried dvd fab for doing it? im still waiting for my ipod to get here, so its not a huge rush....yet.

7. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

CloneDVD™ mobile

This one works a treat and does a very good job

CloneDVD mobile converts your DVD movies quickly and easily into a format that your portable device (Sony PSP, Apple iPod Video, iAudio X5, Creative Labs ZEN Vision, etc) can play. You can also convert your DVDs to other file formats, such as DivX, XviD, AVI, MP4, etc.

Watch your movies on the go
    With CloneDVD mobile you can put your favourite movies or TV series on your mobile video equipment and watch them wherever and whenever you want. Let the kids watch their favourite cartoons in the car.

Incorporating the user-friendly interface of Elby's CloneDVD and the well-engineered open source project MEncoder as the conversion engine makes CloneDVD mobile a fast, easy-to-use and quality product that is very reasonably priced.

Copying a DVD to your mobile video machine is achieved in a few mouse clicks and without the need to rip it to your hard-disk. Note that copying protected DVDs also requires AnyDVD.

Features
    Convert movie DVDs to play on mobile video equipment like the Sony PSP, Apple iPod Video, iAudio X5, Creative Labs ZEN Vision, etc
    Convert movie DVDs to other file formats like DivX, XviD, AVI, MP4, etc.
    Utilises a high quality picture conversion engine
    Supports multi-angle movie DVDs
    Video Preview shows an overview of all selectable DVD titles
    Target size freely adjustable
    Supports chapter trimming
    Very easy to use: Our unique Filmstrip assistant will guide you step-by-step through all settings - easy for beginners
    Picture snapshots while converting
    Logging window available
    Stable, fast and does not require an ASPI driver

8. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

thank you mark, i have clone dvd 2, and like that alot, so it sounds like clone dvd mobile will be right up my alley.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007