1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping DVDs for dummies

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by mike_1630, Feb 25, 2003.

1. mike_1630

mike_1630 Member

Hey - I need to know how to burn a DVD on a mac.... I found links for tutorials... but they don't work... so if anyone can help me out - thanks

2. mike71

mike71 Guest

For a start read some of the other posts to this forum. You should find a couple of methods covered in the last few weeks.

Then ask if you have a specific question.

3. mike_1630

mike_1630 Member

I have looked around - and I downloaded the package that they suggested (Mac DVD Rip tools)... the only package available for macs I think... and now that I have it - I'm not sure what to do first. my DVDextractor seems to work (it opens, and shows the contents of the DVD but I can't get it to do anything else usefull)... but others (DEMUX & QT mutator) don't seem to even work... do I have everything I need?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2003
  4. mike_1630

mike_1630 Member

Ok - I looked around again - and used Toast w/ DVD backup and it seems to be working - but quick question... is verifying nessesary?

5. mike71

mike71 Guest

I don't verify but i usually burn a test DVD-RW :)

oh and in case you didn't know I usually use:
    osex/DVD backup
    transcoder
    and sizzle

sometimes I'll use mediapipe etc...

now where's that link for mac DVD rip tools???

6. mike_1630

mike_1630 Member

Hey - the link is right on the afterdawn.com top download links... quick question - do i have to have firmware for ripping DVDs to work?

7. bossnas

bossnas Member

i used 0SEx to extract the audio and video, and transcoder to resize the video but now i want to use the original AC3 audio file but sizzle won't recognize it.

is there a way to combine the resized video and the original audio together?

cheers