1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping DVDs with menus and extras

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mrcapone, May 12, 2003.

1. mrcapone

mrcapone Guest

Can anyone provide me with any insight on how to rip DVDs with menus and extras? Thanks

2. padaxes01

padaxes01 Member

Try a programme called Pinacle Instant copy.

3. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

Try DVD Shrink first - it's totally free and easy to use. You can download it from this site. You can fit all of any DVD9 disc onto one DVD5 disc after compression with all the extras included. Or you can choose to have the movie only with no extras. You will also need good burning rom such as Nero 5.5 latest.

4. Tosca

Tosca Guest

the only problem with dvd shrink is that every time you want to add a menu extra you have to check the box and then pick it out and repeat. It gets annoying after the fifteenth click and add.

Another thing is that it gets confusing as to what is what even with the preview panel. I've ripped menus and burned them with the movie only to find out that something was missing and the menus don't work.

I just skip the menus if I have to shrink it onto one disc...saves time IMHO.

5. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

You are not using it correctly in that case. If you want the entire movie just select re-encode at the start and then 'next' and then you get the compression levels to choose from and away you go. Make sure every file is uploaded to Nero or whatever burning rom you have. Any problems get back to me.

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

"DVD-R Media" is not the correct forum for these questions. *moved*