1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping dvds

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by djx512, Feb 26, 2005.

1. djx512

djx512 Guest

I have dvdxcopy platium. Most dvds I can rip. But I run across a few I cannot. The ripper will read it then when it gets ready to write it it will pop up with amessage that dvd is encryted or even say no recorded title. How can I rectify this problem. These are examples of dvds that I cannot rip. The Grudge, The fogotten.

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

dvdxcopy is about one and a half years out of date. Use DVD Decryptor or AnyDVD to remove encryption.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

4. djx512

djx512 Guest

I hit a wrong key and unsubscribed. I still want to receive news letters. I also received an email to use anydvd software. But I see where people say it won't work with dvdxcopy platium is that true? Do I have to buy another software with that one?

5. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Some people have good success with that combo while others do not. I, for one, prefer to make life simple and use current, updated program combos. In the future ask pertainate xcopy questions in the Forum
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com

as per flip

6. flip218

A good way to get banned by me is to ignore my advice and keep asking questions about XCopy on this forum.

7. dj512

dj512 Member

Hi! I want to know if there is any type of software for making backup copies that are high definition store bought dvds. In others words to rip high definition dvds.

8. flip218

dj512,

I'm going to assume you didn't read the forum rules, cause rule #1 is "search" .... so do what is most recommended. Try DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both are free). And if you have the money to spend ... buy a dual layer burner & dual layer media and use DVD Decyrpter to rip and burn them.

Also other programs that are suggested and ones you have to pay for, try them out almost all of the good ones have trial versions.