1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping files from a dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by millz018, May 30, 2004.

1. millz018

millz018 Member

I'm having trouble ripping the files from some of my dvd-rs onto my hard drive for further editing. I 've tried shrink, nero recode, super dvd ripper and i've even gone as far as to use tool called isobuster which is supposed to rip files from damaged or coruppted dvd-rs. The discs themselves actually play fine in stand alone dvd players, so do i just need a firmware update for my dvd drives or am i doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Can you explain what happens? What is the brand and model number of the drive you are trying to read with? Can you play the discs on your computer?

Firmware upgrades can help a drive use previously unsupported media, among other things. You may want to check with the drive manufacturer and see if there is a list of supported media. Check there for new firmware also.

3. kyle808

kyle808 Member

I think your DVDs are just scratched or dirty, because it has happened to me too. Do you get some CRC Redundancy errors? Your stand alone player will more likely read and play damaged disc a lot easier then DVD-rom or burners for some strange reason. DVd-roms are very picky then it comes to ripping files the DVD disc has to be almost flawless.