1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping ilo dvd's

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by olgdog, Apr 11, 2005.

1. olgdog

olgdog Guest

Help please......
    Still can't get it. I rip the 4 each 30 minute segments from the dvd to a file. Now I get some other files along with them such as vts.01 & vts 01.bup & video ts.ifo and some other stuff. Now, how do I get each of these 4 segments recorded on to a viewable CD? I have downloaded several of the dvd rippers (freeware) but not all of them work and none of them are any help. Anyone out there with "start to finish" help. thanks,

Olgdog

2. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

The other files that rip with the .VOB file makes no difference. Just take the 4 .VOB files after ripping and use a DVD authoring package to create your DVD with your own menus and chapter marks.

If the authoring package does not import .VOB files, just change the file extension from .vob to .mpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  3. olgdog

olgdog Guest

Hi,
    use a DVD authoring package to create your DVD with your own menus and chapter marks. What is this and how do I get it. Thanks,

Olgdog

4. hal900020

hal900020 Member

try download.com seach for dvd author.

5. hal900020

hal900020 Member

you realy do not need to use a ripper first,just import straight to the dvd author software. Try TMPGEnc DVD Author.

6. hal900020

hal900020 Member

Are you trying to end up with a DivX or a DVD?

7. leetony

leetony Guest

to rip a dvd any protected dvd with macrovision and ccs protection you can use 'clone dvd / clone dvd 2' and 'anydvd' applications to do this,'clone dvd' burns the files to dvd and 'anydvd' sits in the background removing the copy protection.but hurry as macrovision protection is being replaced by a so called better protection system within the next 4 months.download 'clone dvd' and 'anydvd' from kazza or imesh or file donkey,both work 100% and i have not had any coasters yet!also both applications running together remove all region codes.