1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping ISO query

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by StockyardChanning, Jan 18, 2013.

1. StockyardChanning

StockyardChanning Member

Hi
    I’m fairly new to scene but quite tec savvie etc. I have Phat Lite on flashed with LT 2.0 and ihas 12B flashed with fw to burn XGD3 games etc. However, the one thing I didn’t plan for is the process to rip the ISO from the game. I tried using Imageburn with ihas but it just produced various video and audio files etc. Can I use the Ihas with xbox creator or do I need to use a different drive?

Many thanks

Stockyard

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. BillB

BillB Regular member

Yes, use xbox backup creator. Also, you need to flash your drive to the latest firmware which is LT3.0 for your drive. This is a must! If not, your backups won't work properly because the topology data won't be correct for LT3.0 and will likely flag your console for a failed AP2.5 challenge.

4. StockyardChanning

StockyardChanning Member

Thanks

Do I need to buy new Lite On, Benq drive to do the rips? Does it need specific FW?

5. StockyardChanning

StockyardChanning Member

Update

I've read that you can rip already burnt disks (not retail) with imageburn using create iso from disk option etc. I tried that but just get various video and audio folders and the DVD file (about 9kb). Am I missing something here?

Thanks

6. Eisherz

Eisherz Regular member

You'd either need an Xbox 360 drive flashed with 0800 Firmware or a Drom 6316 with a few modifications. The second option is the only true internal PC drive that can rip XGD3 retails.

7. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

8. StockyardChanning

StockyardChanning Member