1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping just audio from a DVD

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by craigdcox, Oct 20, 2004.

1. craigdcox

craigdcox Member

I read the other thread about this and followed Londor's advice about OSEx and FFmpegX. I successfully ripped my first DVD of just audio files, but I want to raise an interesting question. Which audio track should you rip for the best sound quality MP3's? The 2 channel track, the dolby 5 channel track or DTS? In what order would you rate these. I ripped a DVD last night that had a 5 channel track and a 2 channel track and I ripped the 5 channel and it seemed to sound better, I think. However, on OSEx you have the choice to check and uncheck the different tracks under the audio tab. Should I do this or just leave them all checked? This was the only thing that was confusing. If Londor or anyone else has thoughts I would love to hear them. Thanks!

2. craigdcox

craigdcox Member

Also, one other question. For audio ripping is OSEx the best to use? And is ffmpegx the best program to use to get the VOB file to a audio file? And since I am ripping a concert should I rip it chapter by chapter rather than one large file. If it is one large file then I would have to go through and break it down song by song. So it makes sense to rip it chapter by chapter. Thanks guys

3. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

Try extractor for osx.
    You can rip the audio very easy,there are 4 different soundquality's.
    ac3,pcm,dts and mp2

4. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

5. craigdcox

craigdcox Member

Can someone please give me a link for Extractor for MAC. I have searched the web for it but all the links seem to be dead. Is it still being distributed? Thanks

6. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

7. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

8. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

...After compressing with mac3dec drag that file to itunes...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2004