1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping killed my burner

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Skitzy, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

Has anyone ever heared of a copy protection damaging hardware? Recently I just tried to back up a typical UFC video using AnyDVD w/ Clone and I noticed it took an unusual amount of time to burn. The disc took about 40 minutes to burn and I can only access certain features of the disc. Although, thats not the real issue here.. the biggest problem I have is that my DVD burner does not recognize anything I put in it now. I checked device manager, nothing wrong there.. tried to update the firmware, nothing there, tried to uninstall driver, nothing there.. tried to rollback driver but theres not one to roll back to. I can't figure it out.. no matter what I put in the drive it thinks the drive is empty but the computer thinks the drive is ok.. anyone got any suggestions?? anything would be great, thank you.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

3. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

Thanks for the reply loco.. you've helped me a few times I believe.. anyways, I just went to Wal-Mart last night and bought a new one and took the old one back.(I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for wal-mart's return policy.. lol) Instead of a Sony DRU-810a I now have the Sony DRU-830.. it's a little better than the 810a, this one supports DVD-RAM plus it can burn @ 18x (not that I've ever seen 18x media or anything.. nor would I ever burn anything at that speed but still. Getting back to your comment.. Never thought to run Nero info-tool.. I'll definetly have to check that out.. (I'm naive about a lot of things) like ASPI.. had to look that one up too.. would it matter that my drive is not SCSI (love the acro Still Cant See It) thats scuzzy in a nutshell 4 me.. never had much luck with SCSI devices. It does suck that I already took back the old burner though.. would have loved to have learned from this.. I just can't figure out why AnyDVD didn't help me this time.. guess it's one that slipped through the cracks.. It's the UFC Ultimate Knockouts 1&2 (both on same disc) In case anyone wants to look into that.

p.s. I love the lil smiley toot'N the horn.. he's great.. and your absolutely right about IMG Burn as well.. Even though I have other tools to do it.. I still prefer to come here and get IMG burn just for it's simplicity.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  4. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

nevermind

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007