1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping off

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ARdashON, Feb 2, 2008.

1. ARdashON

ARdashON Member

well heres the thing. i have a buddy of mine who rents games and rips them to his ps3 hdd so he can play them all the time. even with no disk. im wondering how this is possible and what i need to do it. the same friend done the same thing with his xbox. ive got my system up to 537 gig and have 5 usb ports on it as of now. mods by me. but he refuses to tell me saying its illegal and all this bleep. but how can it be illegal when you buy a game and want to store it to your hdd that way you never have to get up off your bleep to put a new game in.! i think its wonderful and would love to figure out how to do it if i can get any help!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  2. armorthis

armorthis Guest

This isn't even possible, as of now you can rip games to your HD but you can NOT play them.

3. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

your friends pulling a fast one on ya.

and btw, armorthis, you need to make the [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  4. ARdashON

ARdashON Member

what im saying is ive actually witnessed it or i wouldnt be asking he has like 5 games that come up under his game folder which are full ps3 games. after he pulls that up. i watched him play them. so ive witnessed it is possible. i just wanted to know how. apparently i asked at the wrong place. he wont tell me becasue if i get caught he thinks i will turn him in but whatevers clever. ill just still his ps3 lol then ill try to figre it out myself.

5. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Dude you do realise that you can download full games of the PS Store.
    Also you can download demos and play them straight from your PS3s Harddrive.

Backups are not possible yet,someone asks this question every week.

6. joshjy

joshjy Regular member

god i wish i knew your ''freind'' sounds as if hes a god damm genius to figure out how to put an iso loader on the ps3 single handedly when theres whole teams of coders and hackers who are baffled.

well its a mistery to me maybey hes an ailen with adavanced techonolgy eh?

:L

7. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

Maybe he isnt lying after all. My friend charles said his brother can mod a ps3 and this guy said his friend can too. I asked charles if his brother knows a site called afterdawn and he said no. So maybe there really are mods out for the ps3 and nobody really thinks of it as anything enough to post it on the web. I know if I hacked or modded something I wouldnt put it on the web for fear of retaliation from the company. So I sort of believe him. Or like the guy above me said he could have just bought Warhawk and 2 other games off of the psn and played it like that tricking his friend.

8. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

yeah, did he play Warhawk? lol
    If he did figure out how to play ripped games then tell him he can become famous for being the first person to do it.
    It's not possible yet, otherwise it would be all over the web.

9. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

As joshjy has said its not possible yet.If you have the best hackers in the world trying to do this then its not possible right now.Sony has hired some hackers to see if there are some exploit in the PS3 then they patch them.What game do you see your friend running from his HD without a disc?

10. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

537gig? - Using what, and why have you bothered to add a 5th USB and where have you put it?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  11. ARdashON

ARdashON Member

537 using external and the 5th usb port is right in front with the others. as i was reading these post i see im not the only one who knows someone that can do this. in fact why would anyone post bleep on the web they can be incriminated for? this guy would tell me before he tells the world wide bleep web. and sony is going to tell you its undoable just to keep bleep from doing it. they will lead you to believe whatever they want you to believe. in my search to find out how this is possible i found another spot on the actual ps3 forums where a guy is talking about how to do this. but they edited his post and told him to check his private messages. something about you shouldnt post something like that on the ps3s main forum. so the truth is out there..

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The truth may be out there,but probably not on the ps3 main forum.They probably deleted it,because they don't tolerate people flaming one another and the fact that piracy is an issue.There is no special hack that has evolved from the harddrive,and if there was not to be rude but I would hear about it pretty quick.In fact I keep most in secret,because I'm well aware of the consequencies for providing a way of hacking this system.If your friend is smart enough to figure out a hack for this system,then he probably did the right thing by not telling you.You came on here asking us about the hack,but all you have said is that it runs off the harddrive which is hard to believe anyways.The harddrive is encrypted which means it aint gonna happen.There are no documents describing any detail on the harddrive encryption,and yes this hasn't been discovered yet.I'm honestly getting tired of people posting BS about hacks.It is really easy you either have one or you don't.If you don't then keep quiet fairly simple right,so why do we have so many people posting BS on hacks.When a hack arrives it will be posted on a site we are all familiar with.In the meantime keep dreaming ARdashON about hacks your friend has,because the likes of it happening are slim to none.

13. bopran

bopran Guest

This is actually not BS. People are doing this but not
    with retail PS3's. ARdashON your mate has lied
    to you a little, he has a Test PS3, its only possible on these at
    the min

14. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

My friend said that his friends uncles retarded gay nephews friend has a playstation 4!

15. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Trust me if it was a dev PS3 it wouldn't look like a retail PS3 in the first place.There are differences between them just by looks,not to mention I highly doubt his friend has a dev PS3.They are hard to find for one,and would cost more than you think.I think it is BS no matter how much you sugar coat it.You know it is easy to get on the internet and post BS,but to actually prove any of it exists is another story.The only people that I know who have dev consoles are Paradox and PS3News,and well lets face it they aren't much help.I like NinReznor's comment so far on the subject,atleast you can get a little sense of humor out of it.I'm just gonna say once again FAKE as hell,because there are multiple reasons why I consider it fake.Nothing is mentioned about the BD encryption,which is the beginning.The harddrive is mentioned,and lets face it what actually exists with documentation on the PS3 harddrive.What do you know bopran on the harddrive encryption,and what hidden documents tell you that a hack exists.If your going by rumor from PS3News then I would like some proof,because I don't believe anything from PS3News.They don't know what they are doing,but much appreciated if you can prove that they have hacked the PS3.

16. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Your "friend" is a liar. Thus not a friend.

17. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Lmao

18. escalante

escalante Regular member

What most likely happened is that he's playing downloaded games off of his HDD.

roflmao. I actually literally laughed out loud. Don't do that too often, heh