1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping software for Mac OS 9.2?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Trier, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Trier

Trier Member

Hi there.

I have the older iMac, with only external CD-burner. I have been thinking about computer-upgrade, but now the cheaper way could be the new (external) DVD-burner.

But: What proper (easy to use, etc) ripping softwares there are, that work also in OS 9?

I know there is older "DVDExtractor 0.9b", but that doesn´t look very easy to use..

One reason why I ask this is, that I gotta know is it worth it to get the new DVD-burner, if the ripping softwares for OS 9 are poor etc. I can burn "DVD-R to DVD-R" at my work..

I´m a bit newbie with these issues, so thanks. :)

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

dvdextractor.9b is actually easy. Just go up to the file menu and select save as disc image. Then use toast to burn the image. Won't work if it is a dvd9.

I'd strongly suggest upgrading the OS on that thing so you can take advantage of all the cool osx rippers/compressors...

3. Trier

Trier Member

Thanks. I spoked with few "Mac-experts" today, and we´re going to upgrade my computer with OS X on this weekend. It should work ok, so they tell me (like I said, my computer is a bit older iMac, but with firewire).

With OS X, many issues are much easier.