1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping Speed Problems

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by DarkMage, Nov 6, 2003.

1. DarkMage

DarkMage Member

Hi..

I have a brand new LiteOn JLMS XJ HD-116S Dvd-Rom drive. I just updated with the latest firmware and i cant rip faster than 2.7x!!

Even on original dvd-5 i bought from shop, it's really annoying..

Any ideas??..I have DMA Enabled.

Cheers

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Have you Upgraded your ASPI Driver?? I find the Best is "Force ASPI 4.60"...Useing Force ASPI I went from Ripping at 3X speed to Up to 10X speed and Faster...Cheers

3. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Minion what software are you using to rip the dvd movies...i am curious coz if you use dvd shrink and you can rip at that speed then there must be something that is not right about my Sony DRU-510A !

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Sory, I Guess I should have said that I don"t use my Sony DRU-500A To Rip DVD"s, I have a Lite-ON 16X DVD-Rom Drive that I use for Ripping, I use it because I try not to use the Sony DRU-500A Accept for Burning because it isn"t a very fast drive and I don"t want it to wear out on me too soon..And I use "SmartRipper" to Rip My DVD"s and a Manual Method for Backing them up ....Cheers