1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping Tartan DVD's

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by dja2002, Mar 23, 2007.

1. dja2002

dja2002 Member

I have recently got two Tartan DVD's "The Great Ecstasy" & "Kissed" neither of which I've been able to rip, I normally have Any DVD Running and use either DVD Shrink or DVD Fab to Rip.
    DVD Fab tells me to shut down Any DVD and does RIP the DVD but I'm unable to burn it due to "DVD-Video files relocation failed" error.
    Is there some new protection out??? I wouldn’t have thought Tartan were at the forefront of copyright protection.

2. onya

onya Guest

I've heard that Anydvd and shrink no longer work in conjunction. Try RipIt4Me, it seems to work on some recent releases also.

3. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

That's not totally true..they work more in conjunction than not. I use the combo of ANYDVD and Shrink almost exclusively. Exceptions are found in some very new releases and possibly the case that dja2002 cites above. When Anydvd and Shrink do not work, I use ANYDVD and CLONEDVD2. However, I am not ready to discard my copy of Shrink yet...

RIPIT4ME is an excellent product and appears to have some aggressive people who update and improve it regularly. It can handle the newer releases.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  4. dja2002

dja2002 Member

I tried "Ripit4me" and all it wanted to do was open "DVD Decrypter" which isn't any good as that just won't read it I got the same problem with “DVD Cloner IV”, I've exhausted all the progs I know and had no joy as yet.

5. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

I'm not sure why RIPIT4ME didn't work for you, it is supposed to open dvddecrypter. When you say dvddecrypter didn't read for you, what do you mean? What type of errors are you getting.
    Check out this guide to make sure you set it up okay.
    http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

One other method to try. Download DVDFabDecrypter (its free). Rip the movies to hard drive. Then open the resulting files with Shrink to compress.

DVDFabDecrypter here:

http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

6. dja2002

dja2002 Member

It quite a long winded explanation but basically it says "Copy Protection Key Exchange Failure"
    If I cancel it tells me “Failed to send challenge key” I’ve tried it on two PC’s and I just get the same.

I've tried DVD Fab as I said and it will RIP it but I get "DVD-Video files relocation failed" when I try to burn it.

7. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

all u have to do is run the Folder ripped by DVDFab thru VOBblanker or FixVTS then use shrink then burn
    follow this guide(skip to the part where VobBlanker starts)
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/334154

Get VOBB HERE
    or FIXvts HERE

8. dja2002

dja2002 Member

I just ripped Main-Movie on DVD-Fab and it burned first time, I feel very foolish and am sorry to have wasted your time.