1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping The Wicker Man DVD

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by casen, Apr 29, 2007.

1. casen

casen Member

I've read the forum rules, and performed a search that resulted in 2 threads where this question has been asked but not answered. Ban me if you need to.

Program Used - Clone DVD 2 v.2.9.0.3 AnyDVD v.6.1.3.2

Problem - Directors comments are present on backup. No ability to toggle commentary off/on. Only one audio stream and one movie stream present on DVD according to CloneDVD. Plays normal on standalone DVD player as well as with VLC using PC.

Details - Using CloneDVD there appears to be only one audio stream, with no "Directors Commentary" or any other selections. Also there is only one movie length selection to be made (1:41:48).

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

Try DVDFab Decrypter 3.0.9.6 (free). Find it here: http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm
    Rip to your HDD with whatever specs you want (main movie, full disc, etc.), then you can burn to disc. See if this alleviates what issues you are having.

Your version of AnyDVD is behind. The latest is 6.1.3.6. Try updating and trying again.

3. casen

casen Member

Thanks for the reply and suggestion of DVDFab. I'm trying it as I type this.

Question - Being that the copy protection isn't the issue (I'm basing this on the fact that CloneDVD won't let you copy unless the protection has been removed), in what way would updating my AnyDVD help with getting the correct audio stream on the backup rather than the one with the commentary on it?

Would the problem not lie with CloneDVD not detecting that there are additional audio streams in addition to the only one it is seeing?