1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping with DVD XCopy Xpress vs. Nero

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by junko, Jun 23, 2003.

1. edwood

edwood Member

Where can you find the file [bold]ifoedit95?[/bold] I have done a google search for the file and have not located it.

Thanks for your help.
    ew

2. edwood

edwood Member

Sorry about the 5 posts. This is my first time, and the page after I pressed reply didn't load, so I pressed it several times (as you can see).

I will know better next time.
    ew

3. oldhack

oldhack Member

4. edwood

edwood Member

Thanks, oldhack, for the download link.

Regards

5. ozy

ozy Regular member

I have the same troubles with dvdxpress skipping 3/4 of the way into the movie. The actual rip used to take about 15 mins and the burn about 30mins. I have a pioneer A05 burner, 2.0GHZ processor, 256MB DDR Ram, 80Gig HD and a sony dvd-rom running windows XP Pro. Having two drives allowed me to burn on the fly. After having so much trouble with xpress I changed to dvdshrink and have never looked back. This does'nt mean I won't use the program again. I'm simply waiting for a better version.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  6. CodeVex

CodeVex Member

To add my 2 cents. I've tried to use Xpress but it stops at step 2 (insert blank dvd). It never seems to recognize that I've insterted a blank dvd. Maybe its the media. I've tried Memores and Plextor brands. Since that didn't work for me, I would just copy the temp files it created to a new location (between steps 1 and 2) and burned with nero6. I must say the copy process of Xpress took about 40-50 minutes and I don't have a slow system. P4 2.6, Plextor 8x dvd writer, 1 gig ram, 2 - 80 gig HD (one just for dvd burning) fx5600 video /w 128 mb. Would anyone know why it hangs at step 2?

7. oldhack

oldhack Member

usually its because it doesnt recognize your dvd burner. What kind do you have?

8. CodeVex

CodeVex Member

I have the Plextor PX-708A DVDR 8x, brand new on the market. It may not recognize it but how do you explain that it rocginizes the original dvd and will copy the dvd to the hard drive, but then will hang when I insert a blank dvd for it to record to?

9. oldhack

oldhack Member

ive had the same problem with my sony 500a with other progs. it would read and play and nero would recognize it but wouldnt burn to it. i changed media to accu blanks and it worked but not well. then i did the firmware upgrade to the sony and it was fine after that.
    what you should do is just rip with xcopy and when it asks for a blank, just do ctrl alt del and end program. it will save it to the hard drive and then burn with nero or vso's "copy to dvd" program. i always get rid of the warning label before i burn also. you can get blanks at mertline.com, they've been really reliable with me.

10. Soullus

Soullus Member

Hey here is my specs. How well will my system run DVD XCOPY....

P4 2.6GHz w/HT 800MHz FSB
    512DDR 400MHZ
    160GB 7200RPM w/ 8MB cache
    DVD-R/-RW/CD-RW and 48x24x48 CD-RW/DVD

Will this be adaquate?

Thanks,

11. junko

junko Member

I've had more headaches with X Copy and Xpress than I care to remember. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: YOU NEED TO DITCH X COPY AND EXPRESS AND USE ELBY CLONE DVD. XCopy and Express are VERY, VERY problematic and buggy programs. I had trouble with XCopy and Xpress recognizing my DVD media as well. That's on top of the compatibility problems (discs created by Xcopy and Xpress aren't compatible with a wide variety of players) Xcopy and Xpress also use their own proprietary copy protection during the burn process so you can't make a copy of the copy. Quite simply, I could go on for days and days about how bad Xcopy and Xpress sucks, but I'll just say when I found Elby Clone DVD a few months ago all my prayers have been answered. I have not burned one coaster, it doesn't use proprietary copy protection, it's compatible with virtually any and every player, it's simple and easy to use, it's fast and it does its job every single time. I use DVD Decrypter to rip to the hard drive, and elby Clone DVD to burn. MY BEST AND ONLY ADVICE RE: XCOPY AND XPRESS IS DON"T USE THEM, USE DVD DECRYPTER AND ELBY CLONE DVD.

You can get a free 30 day trial of Elby clone DVD here:

http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_dvd/

Let me know how it goes, and you're all welcome in advance.

junko

12. junko

junko Member

Oh, and I also forgot to add that your system doesn't have shit to do with it. Why everyone is so hung up on the specs of their system I don't know. It a fallacy that people on the X Copy forum perpetuate, to make you think it's an OS or hardware problem. BULLSHIT!!!!

I have now burned over 100 flawless DVD's using Decrypter to rip and Elby CloneDVD to burn. Do you know what MY system consists of?????

Pentium II 350MHZ (not GHZ) CPU
    128 WHOPPING MB of RAM
    WINDOWS XP (but I burnt the first 50 using ME)
    Whopping 8MB Video card
    Pioneer A05 4x DVD-R burner

I got ISA slots on my motherboard, for God's sake!!! Yet I'm zipping along without a care in the world. And if it's fast for me, imagine what it would be with some of your guys' newer computers.

Again, the link for Elby Clone DVD free 30 trial download:

http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_dvd/

Peace-

junko

13. istari03

istari03 Member

Hey junko
    I just bought an hp300i dvd burner. I tried using dvd decrypter and clone dvd but i can't get it to work. The files with rip with decrypter but they won't burn with clone dvd. I get this error message D:/WILLOW_FRENCH/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO:2 unable. How do i fix this?

14. junko

junko Member

My first question would be are you using Clone DVD or Elby Clone DVD? They're two different programs and a lot of people get confused between the two. Elby's website link is in my post; is that the software you're using? The program with the animated sheep?

junko