1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping with shrink then converting for my SanDisk player

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by naicidrac, Feb 15, 2007.

1. naicidrac

naicidrac Member

Hello,
    I have been ripping with shrink and other rippers to save to hard drive. How do I convert those files so I can watch them on my computer or send them to a video MP3 player.

Thanks

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This will depend on what format you need to convert the files in to be able to play on your player. If you go here Video Encoders you will find all kinds of different encoders you could use.

Good Luck

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Once they are ripped to your harddrive, open your media player to play them.
    What is the full model name of your SanDisk player? I see at the SanDisk website it comes with conversion software. Have you tried that? I also noted that most of them say: "SanDisk Media Converter supports most image formats to enjoy photos and small personal videos. How big are your movies?

Edit:
    Hi bbmayo!
    It looks like this thing uses .wmv files. I think using the supplied software it would probably convert a .avi or DivX probably not DVD-Video though.
    CloneDVD Mobile does not list the SanDisk but possibly it could make a useable format using a setting for another device.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  4. naicidrac

naicidrac Member

Thanks for all the help guys. I will look at the software provided with the mp3 play. I have the SanDisk e206 4GB player. I will get on their website and see what formats it supports.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

e206? are you sure it's not an e260?

The "Anything but Ipod" website has good information.