1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by rgh, May 26, 2012.

1. rgh

rgh Member

Can't seem to rip We bought a zoo using dvd shrink errors out, tried any dvd rip function errors out and the dvd fab and errors out.
    Any ideas , never had all 3 fail?

2. rgh

rgh Member

Forgot to add, with all the changes to the site where do you go for a forum like they used to have on topics like this. Haven't used the site for some time as I haven't had any problems after I purchased Any DVD.

3. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

DVD Shrink cannot handle the newer encryption that is on most dvd's, as the last supported update for it was around 2005. You need to use either DVDFab or AnyDVD to rip the disk.

4. rgh

rgh Member

I have used DVD Shrink for a long time now and it rarely fails me, when it does fail I use the rip feature in Any DVD and on the very rare occasion as it did today I then use my last resort DVD FAB. On this new release dvd it failed on all three. Probably the reason that DVD Shrink works so well is Any DVD, I have used that for a few years now. Well since all 3 failed there must be some new encryption out they haven't sent out a fix for yet. Any one else have this problem with this disk?

5. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

The latest version of DVDFab is 8.1.8.5 that came out 24/5/2012. You may want to try it after updating it. The movie was released in Dec 2011 which was 5 months ago.

http://www.dvdfab.com/

6. rgh

rgh Member

I did download that version after it failed the 1st time but it still didn't take. with the new version.