1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rippping audio - Question

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Metallo, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Metallo

Metallo Member

Hi,

I'am a beginner and I want to rip the audio part from a DVD Video.
    I want to use DVD Decrypter for the purpose.
    I selected IFO mode, Stream Processing, Enable Strea Processing and I got 3 files:

0xE0 - Video...
    0x89 - Audio - DTS/5ch
    0xA0 - Audio - LPCM/2ch

I'm only interested in ripping the LPCM/2ch and burn it as an audio CD.

But I'm confused on what I should use:

Direct Stream Copy or Demux?

I want to get a WAV file to burn with NERO.
    I selected the Option File splitting by chapter to split the files.

Thanks for your help

Alex

2. Metallo

Metallo Member

Hi,

Well, given that nobody has replied my question yet, I profit to enter a new one:

Once extracted the wave file, I have realised that the track title is not included but instead the file info, for example:

VTS_01_CHAPTER_01_1 - 0xA0 - Audio - LPCM - 2ch - 48kHz - 16bit - DELAY 0ms.wav

Of course, burning everything on a CD, I'd like to get the track titles from the DVD, is there a way other than writing everything from the beginning?

Thank you
    Alex

3. Berkner80

Berkner80 Regular member

Hi,
    What I do is use DVDdecrypter to demux the chapters I want and select just the audio using stream processing then I use AC3 program from this website to convert the audio to a WAV file. After doing this it will lower the volumn a bit.
    It took me a couple of weeks to figure out the whole process. I usually use the audio of movies to download to my mp3 player and listen to it at work. I haven't tried music soundtracks from movies but I am sure that will sound fine. As far as the title goes you will just have to rename them.
    Just a question for you. After you extract the audio. Is it already in wav format? The title of your file you extracted suggests that. I always have to convert it from ac3 format to wav format.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005