1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rise Of Kasai DVD5 or DVD9

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by iba5000, Apr 8, 2005.

1. iba5000

iba5000 Member

Is Rise Of Kasai a DVD5 or a DVD5?

2. Inciner8r

Inciner8r Guest

Its a DVD5--4.35gb

3. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

DVD 5, copied using Nero just fine.

4. Inciner8r

Inciner8r Guest

Can backup 1->1 or rebuild the image to bring it down well below 3gigs. I tried both methods and both were successful. btw I have a V10 PS2 w/ fliptop and SW 3.3

5. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Why would you want it under 3 gigs? It fits on a 4.7gb disc just fine, a 1 to 1 copy is not a problem, there is no need to rebuild this game.

6. Inciner8r

Inciner8r Guest

I realize that...it was just an observation for all intensive purposes.

7. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

It's intents and purposes.

8. Pantera22

Pantera22 Guest

How did you people get this game to work? I tried rebuilding and normal and still nothing on my v12 pstwo. I am using SM 3.3 dvd disc. It either goes to the memory card screen or just sits and spins. I have tried about everything with cdloaders and dvdloaders and The biggest game I have is gta vice city to use for toc refresh. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

9. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

I have no idea what you guys are doing wrong. I used both Nero's copy disc function and DVD Decrypter's ISO read and write method to make sure I wasn't the one doing something wrong, and it works perfectly both ways. I never had to rebuild it or anything, I'm 3/4 of the way through with the game and no problems yet.

10. Inciner8r

Inciner8r Guest

Yeah, no problems with either a 1->1 copy or a rebuild. Hows the condition of your original disc that you are using to create the image?

11. Pantera22

Pantera22 Guest

The disc I am using is perfect brand new not a scratch. I not sure I tried rebuilding twice and normal once. Used record now max which always works perfect on all my other games. I know I have been having a lot of problems copying movies. I can't copy a decent movie at all anymore. But ps2 games used to still copy fine. But not anymore at least with this game. I am using swapmagic 3.3 (no toc refresh) and v12 slim ps2.

12. Inciner8r

Inciner8r Guest

Try DVD Decrypter or Alcohol 120%...never had a bad backup using either one. Also which type of media are you using? as that could be the problem. You shouldnt need a TOC refresh either

13. Pantera22

Pantera22 Guest

I am using Ritek 4x media i think G04. Comes with red wrapping around it.

14. Inciner8r

Inciner8r Guest

hmmm...you know, i have no idea what is going wrong for you, are you making sure that there is darn near nothing running in the background before you start creating and burning your image...?

15. Pantera22

Pantera22 Guest

I will try again this weekend, let ya know how it goes.

16. Inciner8r

Inciner8r Guest

Good luck Pantera

17. alexstorm

alexstorm Member

well i have the same problem of Pantera22. My Rise of the Kasai always goes to the memory card screen.
    Well pantera good luck and if you can do it.. let me know please :p

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  18. Inciner8r

Inciner8r Guest

alexstorm---same questions, what media are you using? at what speed are you burining your image at? what program are you using? Condition of original disc? are you making sure you have very little programs running in the background? at any rate...good luck to you

19. alexstorm

alexstorm Member

Well i use Nero... i already try to burn the game in 2x and 4x..
    The strange thing is that in my ps2 with Matrix Infinity, the game always go to the memory card screen, but i already tested in another ps2 with a diferent modchip and the 2 copies of the game works very well..
    I don't know if the Pantera22 have a Matrix Infinity too, but all my games works fine, and this is my first problem when i try to boot a dvd..
    Sincerely i don't know what may be the problem..

20. Inciner8r

Inciner8r Guest

Check your settings in Nero...Make sure you are burning a DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO). Under the ISO tab, make sure the format is set at Mode 1. Under the UDF tab, make sure the "Force DVD-video compatibility mode" is selected. Finally make sure your write method is DAO and you are finalizing the DVD. Also make sure you are creating the image to your hard drive before backing it up to a disc. If you have done this already and still no-go...I can only insist that you try using DVD Decryptor or Alcohol 120%. I just dont get why its working on another PS2 and not yours. Well in any case i wish you the best of luck, but if it means anything to you, the original game is far better (in my opinion) than the sequel.