1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek 4x DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Topdog, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Topdog

Topdog Guest

Has anybody tryed the new Ritek 4x dvd-r media on a Sony DRU-500A
    does it burn at 4x
    Also what is the best Cheap 2x Media for the Sony DRU-500A

2. coolmidi

coolmidi Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2003
  3. skywarp

skywarp Member

I have the Pioneer A05 and I'm very interested in these Ritek 4X DVR-Rs. Also anybody found any DVD-RW 2X media for the A05?

Thanks
    Jerry

4. mliu

mliu Member

5. Neosum

Neosum Member

Has anyone tried the super media brand dvd-r? If so, what is the leadin info on the discs?

6. skywarp

skywarp Member

Well I have bought some Ritek 4X from allmediaoutlet and they work great. Went through the first 25 pack wihout one bad disc. Only takes 15 minutes to burn a DVD with my Pioneer A05.

Highly recommended.

Jerry

7. Pehu

Pehu Member

I have LynxDV 4X media (which is ritek) and it burns well in Dru-500A (fw version 1.0g).

Pekka

8. dchannam

dchannam Guest

Ritek 4X don't work in my DRU500A

9. fat_bloke

fat_bloke Guest

Itried lynxdv 4x media for my first attempts on my sony dru500ul but made roughly 20 coasters out of 25,I also tried different burning software but this hasn't worked,the only way

10. fat_bloke

fat_bloke Guest

Itried lynxdv 4x media for my first attempts on my sony dru500ul but made roughly 20 coasters out of 25,I also tried different burning software but this hasn't worked,the only way

11. fat_bloke

fat_bloke Guest

I
    tried lynxdv 4x media for my first attempts on my sony dru500ul but made roughly 20 coasters out of 25,I also tried different burning software but this hasn't worked,the only way I've found of using them is to record to rw discs and copy using nero at 2x.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2003
  12. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

The prices have gone up. Where's the cheapest place now to get ritek 1x dvd-r's?

13. Lanegra

Lanegra Guest

I bought a 25-pack Ritek DVD-R 4X about 2 weeks ago from Meritline. I have the Sony DRU-500AX. I have used RecordNow Max and the engine Gear Engine in DXC, and DVDDecrypter. I have noticed a difference in speed of course between DVD to DVD copying and Hard Drive to DVD. I have a 2.4 gig machine with 2 80 gig 7200 rpm drives. My machine is always tuned. The speed STARTS off at 4X. It ALWAYS slows down pretty rapidly. At this time I do NOT think they are worth the additional cost. I also have Ritek DVD+RW and Imation DVD+R 2.4X. I have never made a coaster and I record at MAX speed. They all play on my APEX AD-2500 and APEX AD-1500. I mention these two players since everything plays on both of the DVD drives in my computer.

14. lynke

lynke Member

I've got Universal 4x DVD-R from buy-dvd-r.com seems to be working well...i usually use their 1x for my backup PS2 games.