1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek are the Best? What's up with this?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ksshooter, Oct 30, 2004.

1. ksshooter

ksshooter Member

I was highly advised to get Ritek brand media after about half of my memorex dvd+r didn't play right on my stand alone dvd player (sony). I purchased 8x dvd+r ritek and they will not burn at the fraction of the speed that my 4x were burning at "very slow". I know I know change your speed setting to 4x tried that didn't work and that just upsets me more because that is why I purchased 8x to burn faster now I can't even burn at 4x please help.

I am using already burned dvd just recording them through sonic since they are already the correct size and encripted already by shrink if it makes a differance. Please help I am desperate I am thinking of sending these
    disks back.

2. wannadie

wannadie Member

first it can be that ur using a cheap burn with a cheap laser or it can be that ur burner only burns dvd-r's and last but leaste its can be the programs ur using to burn this coming from a dvd burner lover thats uses shrink and ritek dvd-r's and has not had 1 problem try these out and call the doc in the next message :))

3. wannadie

wannadie Member

oh and i forgot also it could be that ur dvd player only plays dvd-r's u should check this also as most dvd players mostly read dvd-r's hope this helps :)))

4. ksshooter

ksshooter Member

I don't excatlly have a cheep burner I never even said what type of burner I have (sony). Lastly I was told that dvd+r are more compatable with sony's. Does anyone have any credible information?

5. Mpdogg25

Mpdogg25 Guest

I don't think wannadie was trying to insult your equipment. He was giving the best answer that he had on how to address the problem. According to everything I have been told on this forum and many others, you can experience problems burning at anything over 4X. I would suggest trying nero. I have burned a load of DVD's with nero, ritek-r, hp + rw, and sony dvd - r. I have had bad luck with sonic and that is why I don't use them anymore. I'm sure some other forum members would be happy to chime in on this, but nobody wants to give answers to someone who dismisses them as uncredible. Leave your feelings at the home page.

6. mg3

mg3 Member

it could also be bad ritek discs(cheap ritek media)i never have brought them always(myself)had good results with sony,fuji and maxell.Somewhere on this board(i'm too lazy to search for it)use dvdinfopro and check the ritek media one type is cheap the other is good.never used dvdinfopro so i'm not quite sure what to look for but i believe it should have some type of media checker and can read the code or manufactors id on the disc?
    hope this helps.(btw some players are kind of picky to the media they play) my one apex can play sony + but not fuji +,but my friends dvd plays both +.

7. wannadie

wannadie Member

thanks to whom understood me and well u asked for anwsers and u got some for someone to take it like i was being mean imagine lol thats what we get for trying to help and as far as DVD players goes it can be easy to read the back of the box when u buy the thing it will tell u what it can read if this doesn't help this person maybe it will help another as i have no problems with making my DVD :O.

8. JoshB

JoshB Member

Sony I can say I quit using my Sony burners because they suck..Not real dependable.I only use real hardware like NEC and LITEON,etc.The Sony burners will burn but the Necs (I own 5 of these burners)always burn..I'll probally sell my Sonys on E-BAY...I know some will disagree with me but I'm HAPPY!
    OUT

9. Josh133

Josh133 Member

I have had really good luck with Maxell +r's,and have had no coasters at all.I have been warned against Sony dvd burners and i will throw out another warning for another brand and that is NU Tech i have had a DDW-081,and their new drive the DDW-163 and they are very lousy drives especially the 163.I know burn with the NEC 3500a dual layer and it is absolutely perfect,but i would try different media like suggested on this site,give the Maxell's a try,or the very popular Ritek GO4'S.