1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek Blank Media Question

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by manifesto, Dec 1, 2003.

1. manifesto

manifesto Guest

ok here's the question. I have a TDK 420n4xdvd+r drive. i went to meritline.com, and i was intrested in the ritek dvd+R blank media, but when i click on the compatibilty chart, my tdk 420n dvd+r drive was not listed. does this mean that ritek blank media cant be burned on my tdk drive?, whatever the case is, can anyone tell me a good suggestion on what, and where i can find dvd+R disk that are compatible with my drive, and in the same breath, i wish they can be at a affordable price. if anyone has any suggestion where i can find such item guide me that way please. ive recorded with memorex blank media and had no troubles so far. went thru a 25pk, and a 50 pk.no problems, the one problem i have is with the price. memorex hikes it up on the price.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. antons

antons Member

You proable won't have any problems with Ritek media.
    Media is designed to a standard (+R standard), and Ritek media is a good media a meets this standard. (unlike some other cheapos that won't)

3. manifesto

manifesto Guest

Like what kind of cheap media. please do tell

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Doesn't Meritline offer +R sample packs?

http://www.meritline.com/dvdrrwsampler.html

This may be your best bet. Burn a few and test how they read in Nero CD/DVD Speed. Pick the one that produces an error free burn from start to finish. My drive burns RitekG03's (-R) perfectly at 2X, no read errors, start to finish, with Nero Speed or DVDInfo Pro, and no coasters (yet). It's the only disc I use, not worth saving a couple of cents to try a cheaper disc.

5. pauleas

pauleas Member

emm... how much do you buy those blanc dvds..???
    i buy sentinel dvd+r´s for 1.75 euros each....
    (i live in Greece)
    oh and 10 days ago i bought 2 sentinel dvd+rw´s for 2.49 euros each...
    nice prices great dvds...i must have used about 30 black sentinel dvds till now and im very happy with them... :p
    by the way i got HP dvd+rw 200j :D

6. manifesto

manifesto Guest

i live in the us, miami to be exact and down here ive done my little research, and the cheapest ive seen dvd+r media is at $58 dollars for a 50pk of memorex 4x. burns great. and from fri-sat(this week) best buy will have their memorex 25pk on sale for 29.99 dollars, plus they got some 10% off coupons that will bring the price down to $28.88 after tax and all. great price.

7. pauleas

pauleas Member

yup :p
    25 blanc dvd´s for 29 bucks are veeeeeery good......
    that means that its 1.16$$ each one...
    Veeeery good... :D

8. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

What is the difference between Ritek G03's and Ritek G04's. I wanted to get G03's because there cheaper. Is there a difference between the two.

9. MysticE

MysticE Active member

G03= 2X
    G04= 4X (although not all burners will burn at the rated speed).

10. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Oh. Thanks for telling me that. But i thought G03's burned at a speed at 4x too. I checked meritline.com again and you were right, they only use 2x.

11. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Depending on your burner both may only burn at 1X.

12. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

I have a liteon 411s. It should burn to 4x since the burner supports burning at speeds of 1x, 2x, and 4x. So it should be able to burn to 4x.

13. MysticE

MysticE Active member

As I've said what is claimed and the real world are two different things. Lots of claimed 4X media only burns at 2X. Just cuz you got a 4X burner doesn't mean it will burn all 4X media at that speed.

14. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Alright I'll just have to test it out then. I'll go with the Ritek g04 and see what happens. But i heard of some people using Ritek media with the liteon 411s, and they burned at 4x. Well I hope it burns at 4x.

15. MysticE

MysticE Active member

There is more to it than just burning at 4X. You have to do a read/transfer test (Nero CD/DVD Speed works well) to see how it was burned. On my burner the G03's read great, start to end. The G04's, burn at 4X, but the read test shows way too many problems. I won't use them.
    Note the problems the drive had reading the burned G04's.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2003