1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek BRANDED DVD-R difficult to locate...recomended replacement?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Pony321, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

I've been buying Branded Ritek DVD+R media for the past few months which worked well with my Harmon Kardon DVD plaayer. I now have a second dvd player that won't play the +R media all the way through. I need to purchase more DVD-R media soon. I've been reading through the threads and it apperar that it's the BRANDED Ritek media that's highly recomended and not the Silver shiney or silver matt. Newegg.com has Ritek 8x DVD-R, 100 pack for 50 bucks.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-369&depa=0

Not sure what the top surface of this media is like but I have sent Newegg.com an e-mail message asking.
    What do people actually think about the RItek silver matt -R or the printable media? IS it actually a Ridata disc? In short what's the best DVD-r Disc to purchase that will replace the Ritek Branded 4x DVD-R?

Thanks

2. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

3. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

I just ordered a 100 pack of Ritek DVD-R (silver-matt)DVDs from Meritline.com. Two dollars less expensive than Newegg.com. Curious to know what Ritek's plans are in regards to their dvd media in the future. As time goes on blank DVD media speed will increasingly become faster and more reliable plus without the compatability issues of the newer dvd players.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Note that the Ritek Ridata with the red cakebox are RICOHJPN but still very good media. I've burned 89 in a row so far without a single coaster.

5. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Sophocles:
    Aren't those red cake box disks DVD+R ?

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes they are DVD+R which shouldn't be a problem since that what he was buying to begin with. Redaia also comes in the DVD-R but I prefer the +R with my Plextor PX-712A burner.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."[/small]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004