1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek disk problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gghost57, Nov 6, 2004.

1. gghost57

gghost57 Member

Burned 150 ritek white tops 8x on my lite on 832s no problem. Now when I burn it never makes to the end. The first 1.5 hours is fine then it freezes. Bought all disks at NewEgg. Got some Fuji's at Best Buy and they work fine. Comparing the disks after burn under halogen light the fuji looks uniform through out the Ritek looks to have stripes toward the outter edge. Is it the disks? Will New Egg replace them? I have gone through 10 trying to solve this problem. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Are you using the maximum size of the disc, ie burning to the outer circumference?

Maybe worth trying to compress them a little more and see if that cures it.
    May also be woth reducing the speed of the burn aswell.

Are the Riteks, true 8x or are they 4x?

3. gghost57

gghost57 Member

They were sold as true 8x. I am using DVD shrink to burn on auto compress. Some of the burns only go to 3.5 or 4.0g and still have problems.

4. hm1

hm1 Regular member

i've heard that the ritek discs are now loosing their quality

the classic GO4 DYE is not to be changed

Big mistake Ritek

5. stugil

stugil Member

Hi, have had the same problem with ritek white top inkjet printable discs.Have got around problem by compressing file so that only first third of disc is used.

6. pieman

pieman Regular member

Just another example of inconsistancy with sub contracters using the ritek dyes.Ive learnt my lesson....bite the bullet and use taiyo yudens!!

7. Vladibus

Vladibus Member

I used to only use RITEK blank DVD's that I got off NewEgg. The first few spindles were great. Then I started noticing tiny black spots on the bottom of the disks after I burned a movie. I switched to TDK that I get from Best Buy and haven't had the problem since.

8. askyew

askyew Regular member

Vladibus, those are top quality dvd's none better imo. Best Buy is having a rebate sale on the +r right now, too bad it is the 25pk only. The +r ritek's that I purchased from newegg a couple of weeks ago are fine no problems. It seems that most of the complaints are concerning the -r, but it could possibly become a problem on all the ritek's before long.