1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ritek dvd-r/dvd+r

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by duboy1, Nov 29, 2004.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

i was just wondering, as christmas comes around, which one of the ritek discs would be the best/cheapest way to go? I noticed at meritline there were like 5 or six different discs of ritek priced around 40 to 45 cents. If you could specify both dvd-r and dvd+r it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-i forgot to add in that i have 4x max write for both..
    duboy1

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  2. john179

john179 Active member

This depends on what writer you have different media suit different writers.If you let people know what writer you have people will be able to give you fist hand experience of the media for that drive if they have.Your best bet would have been to post this to the media forum steting your writer.I'm sure if you let us know your writer you will still get a good response.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Look for branded Ritek such as RiDATA. With the unbranded Riteks you're not assured of getting true Grade A media despite what they're advertised as.

Thread moved.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  4. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

i have a nec nd-1100a dvd+rw drive and my other is like a 4x dvd-rw mad dog drive, i think it said in the properties of it, that it is made by toshiba.

5. flabob

flabob Regular member

i get my ritek and ridata from either supermedia.com or at amazon .com....great prices

make sure you have the flash update for your nec 1100a dvd+rw..... i could not burn a dvd+rw properly till i got the flash firmware for it :O)

bob

6. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

where can i get it please?

7. dayoff

dayoff Member

I have the nd-1100a and have great success with the ridata from newegg. Best deal going, $40 shipped -$10 rebate = $30 for 100. Also, they come up as RICHOHJPNR01, which are 2nd class.

8. flabob

flabob Regular member

great prices there dayoff :O)

and duboy...i have a dell..with a nec 1100a like yours.so i phoned up dell...and they gave me the right firmare flash...cause i could burn +r's no problem..but always had trouble with dvd+rw's X4 .till i got the flash update.now my dvd+rw's dont freeze or skip..ill see if i can find the flash again..then send, but your puter company should have a link right to the right firmware :O)

9. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

well the thing is that it always burnt fine and i didnt have any trouble with either dvd+r/rw so, i think maybe mine is already updated? But thanks for all the info.

duboy1

10. flabob

flabob Regular member

cool....you must have all the updates......i had a hell of a time with burning the dvd+rw's....:O))

11. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

dayoff, I have to disagree with you there about RICOHJPN being second class to Ritek. I had the same burner as you (NEC-1100A), and even I knew over a year ago that it loves RICOHJPN media. Maybe had 1 or 2 bad burns. I have a Plextor 712A now, and even Plextor recommends RICOHJPN whereas it just says Riteks are compatible. RICOHJPN 4X media will burn at 8X (and they are even rated so). Even Riteks are made under RICOHJPN - at least the good ones. ;)

12. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I agree .. I've burned over 300 RICOHJPNR01 coded RiDATA discs without a single coaster ... 100% compatability with all 6 DVD players in my house ... In my opinion at least on a par with Taiyo Yuden +R media ... In my opinion, dayoff shouldn't buy them ... Leaves more for me and you, DogBomb ...

13. Nephilim

I've burned my fair share of RICOHJPNR01 with nary a bad one :)

14. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

what's the actual name of those discs? i copied and pasted that but no results came? or if you have a link that would help too please.

15. Nephilim

RICOHJPNR01 is the manufacturer and is used by many companies for their +R offerings. Ritek +R has always been Ricoh made :)

16. dayoff

dayoff Member

Guys, I guess what I meant was that I like the Ritek Ridata that come up on DVD Indentifier as RICHOHJPNR01 and that they are rated 2nd class according to:

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

Just got another 100 last week from newegg for $30 after rebate.

17. ibuyinkny

ibuyinkny Member

go to www.compuside.com they have great deals...i go there all the time...

18. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Compuside's prices aren't as good as http://www.NewEgg.com and I'd find it hard to believe that their service is any better ...