1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek DVD-R Media

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Xenocraze, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Xenocraze

Xenocraze Member

I've read a lot about media types, but all I want to know is if Ritek DVD-Rs are a good brand and if they will work for PS2 games and DVD movies? Also, are Princo brand DVD-Rs a reliable brand?

Thanks.

2. freakyg

freakyg Member

I ordered a pack of 100 and sent them back. They had a boot rate of 50% on my ps2.

Now I only stick to name brand like Pioneer or Memorex. I've had success with both the 2x and 4x media with a Pioneer a05 and the new Sony 500.

Some say Ritek work, that's why I ordered them in the first place. I say they suck.

3. thaigirl

thaigirl Guest

I heard Ritek DVD-R's are pretty good. I just received my order the other day. So far I've backed up two PS2 games and two movies. The games boot up fine and the movies play on my PS2 and my DVD player. I'll put up another post if i start having problems with them.

4. kysoti

kysoti Member

I ordered a 25 pack and they all worked well for DVD movies – I have not modded my PS2 so I have not tried them with game backups. I read a lot of positive posts about the Ritek DVD-R media which is why I ordered them. I have an order of 100 coming tomorrow.

5. Gx-9900

Gx-9900 Member

TDK works well on my v7

6. freakyg

freakyg Member

I saw a post somewhere which states that v7 ps2's have issues with Ritek media. I have a v7 so that may be why they didn't work out for me and why many others like them.

I've also seen posts that say low budget media can damage your ps2. Don't know if that's true.

7. Xenocraze

Xenocraze Member

How about the Princo DVD-Rs? Freakyg, if you get anymore info on the DVD-Rs damaging your PS2 could you post it here please? And does anyone else know if Ritek doesn't work with v7s that well? Thanks.

8. freakyg

freakyg Member

9. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

My ps2 v4 will not read memorex and only some fujifilm but reads all Ritek and Verbatim that I have tested so far. I don't think there is any rule of thumb here.

10. Xenocraze

Xenocraze Member

Here's what I've also read on sites that sell modchips like http://www.gamgizmo.com It is said that the darker the dye on the DVD-R, the better the PS2 will read it. Has anyone tested this or can comfirm it? I think it has to do with the reduced reflectivity on the DVD. Thanks.

11. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

The question related to RITEK media.

I have used their media for some time, and rate them highly. for more details check out this site :-http://www.lynxdv.com/estore/index2.php

I quote :-

RITEK Corporation is the only Manufacturer in Taiwan to pass the DVD-Forum A-grade certification of DVD-R 4.7GB General Use Media, this is why we have chosen RITEK to produce our range of Media, this means that this discs is fully compliant with the DVD-Forum Specification for DVD-R Media, the result is a disc that works 100% every time.

It's worked for me.

HomerJ

12. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

Do ritek work with v7?

13. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Ritek work great on my v.7 But it seems that some ps2's are just fickle about what mediag it will take.

14. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

I've had great results with the Princo DVD-R's.
    my first 50 pack was 49/50 with the one failure being my fault. i'm about 30 into my 2nd 50 pack and all have worked perfectly. i've also had good luck with ritek, and Accu (but i only had about 7-8 samples of each, but they all worked fine for me with movies and PS2)

15. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

My Princo's seem to work fine in my v7 PS2, however, I can't get them to run properly in any other non-v7 units.

16. Docta

Docta Member

Hey guys, since everybody is saying that RITEK media is by far the best ( or at least most ppl ) i was wondering if you guys know a site to get the RITEK DVD-R 4.7 GB's for less then a dollar each. And if you do please post it and if you can please post some Canadian sites.

thanks in advance!

17. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

I order my Ritek DVD-R from Meritline.com for about $1.10 ea. US.

18. Xenocraze

Xenocraze Member

www.shop4tech.com

www.supermediastore.com

Both of those sites are pretty good for buying DVD media. They have some free shipping offers also.

19. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Spam alert dex lol!!

20. jdarenzo2

jdarenzo2 Guest

I have used ritek +r for about a month now no duds in the bunch. I bought the 100 pack and so far have backed up many movies with not a glitch. As far as Ps2 I can't help you. Also ritek media by far are the less expensive media out there (I've found) for +media.