1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek for $31.50 shipped, sweet?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by 2ExTReme, Mar 10, 2005.

1. 2ExTReme

2ExTReme Member

I saw this at BB as a hot deal if you use the coupon code "BSB10" at checkout, but it's only for 2 days apparently. I personally love the discs but am just curious if the price is great or I can get better elsewhere? I see the Compusa or Office Depot branded discs on sale but I don't like the quality of those and my experience they are either AN31 or Princo, neither of which I really want to get.

I've had a lot of good success with these Ritek. Any thoughts?

Link:
    https://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=2285&cata=1&s_cata=88_r20

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  2. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Its been my expierence they are good for holding data. Not for video replication and dvd backing up. Again only my personal expierence.

3. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Also I have the compusa ones. Love them, again just me i burned about 100 of them. No issues.

4. 2ExTReme

2ExTReme Member

thanks for your input. Madgreek, just curious what media id are on those Compusa discs? Like I said, my results as well as friends have been very poor. The discs seem to get worse over time too and those were either AN31, PRINCO, and even INFODISC. Those are actually the worst three media manufacturer's they are from what i've read as well as what many other people have said.

So i'm just wondering which ones are yours?

BTW: Here is the actual link for the Ritek/Ridata.

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=2285&cata=&s_cata=

5. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Media code/Manufacturer ID AML 001

People have really taken me to town for backing these disks. Its all in 2 things. One, in order to play no name disks or not major brand disks, you need a good dvd player. Don't try playing them on a cyberhome or a apex...although they may work. Play it on a philips or jvc, should be ok. As for it working overtime, the best advice I can give after burning dvd's over time is to take care of them. Put them in cases. Store them in a place that is not to hot or cold. They are media and sensative to the elements. I have used Taito Yuden, Memorex, rico, prino...all mixed results. In the end you are at the mercy of your dvd player, the quality of the media, and the burner you use.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

7. madgreek

madgreek Guest

I used shop4tech for media cases. Not bad all in all

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@madgreek
    Man I think you must have invested in that crap media the way you are trying to sell it to everyone on here, and I for one have been very nice to you about it, but I am sick and tired of hearing about it and I can't believe you are telling people how great they are. Have you even decided to do a search on that media and read all the negative post's about it? Are you just trying to find that one single person on here that might agree with you so you don't feel bad about buyin JUNK! media. I have said it before and I will say it again if it works for you and you like it fine, but don't be telling people (newbies) how good it is you are just setting them up for failure. I to use other brands of media that others have had problems with and they work fine for me, but I wouldnt recommend them to people. Remember we are here to help not to cripple. I think everyone is aware that those disk work good for you. by the way no matter how well you take care of those disks the dye will break down on the media over time. How long depend's on the media could be 2 day's to 300 years, but I am willing to bet yours won't be playing so good in 6 months or less.. Do a little research on your disk's and you will see no one has had the same results as you, and I mean no one... Ok sorry if I upset you that is not my intent, but to merly let people to know they need to make informed decisions when it comes to media choice's and running out and buying the cheapest thing they find isn't being informed. Just do a little research on media and you will know what to get. You can even do all of your research here on AD where you will find a lot of good info on media. Best of all is it's all from people like you and me the end user. I find that better than some website that may be catering to who knows?? ..

Peace :)

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

10. madgreek

madgreek Guest

bbmayo...you sound like a stalker. Or you have alot of time on your hands. I am not the one right a thousand word posts. Relax. You need to just calm down. I will boil my response down to this... i have burned thousands... THOUSANDS of dvd's... all media types... I am no idiot. Just read my last post. No need to fight...we just have a difference of opinion. No hard feelings.

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Thats funny :) I'm not the first person you have said that too>>>
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/167083

I just read that yesterday :) So it seem's I'm not the only one to get frustrated about your ranting.

I have no hard feelings towards anyone on here.. how could I? I don't personally know any of you it's just my OPINION that if you haved burned thosands of disks as you say then you would deffinatly know the difference in crap media and if not then maybe you are as you say an idiot? I haven't backed up thousand's of DVD's well maybe a thousand, but I have learned about crap media the hard way and I just don't want someone else to go threw the same thing if there is no need. So if you keep writing about that crappy media and I see it I will have something to say about it. It is absolutly nothing personal against you. So quit taking it that way... :)

12. madgreek

madgreek Guest

I don't take anything personally. We have a difference of opinion. Media is only as good as a few things. They way you burn it (never at max setting over max), the conditions its stored, and the way you take care of it. Also, other things that factor in our what you use to burn, what you are burning, and what you use to play what you burned. That is it. Different media work for different people. What maybe crap to you might be gold for me. I have TDK, the supposed crem dela crem fail on me. Also TY as has well. Someones Dodge just might be someone else's Beemer. That is all I am saying. No need to get crazy.

13. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ madgreek

Knock it off with calling everyone a stalker - it's getting old. Let's stay on topic.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  14. madgreek

madgreek Guest

I love you Nephilim.

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That's nice. You're banned and you aren't even getting a reach around, loser :)

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Dang Nephilim,
    I was having fun with him... :)

17. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  18. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member