1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek freeing problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by bridgey, Apr 10, 2004.

1. bridgey

bridgey Member

Hi im experiencing freezing problems with Ritek dvd r-the orange color ones.Out of a pack of 25, at least half will freeze at certain parts. i bought a new 25 pack recently and most are freezing at the very beginning of the movie.Are the pink/purple color ones any better? ive tried just about every type of media with Ritek the best but cant stop this freezing issue.
    For the record im using Shrink,4x Nero burn and a Lite-On burner.

Thanks
    Bridgey

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I believe the orange one's are overprints and they are not the best Ritek quality. Where you bought them from should have indicated this to you and you should send them back if they freeze like that. I have the pink/purple Ridisc G04 and so far I have 100% perfect results.

3. bridgey

bridgey Member

Discmania, thanks i appreciate your reply, i thought the orange Ritek discs were the genuine article mind u im only paying $1.70 each, might explain why. ill try the pink ones ....thanks again

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Half way down this page http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/77870 I have posted pics of most G04 Riteks available (in U.K)

You will see that I suggest not to use Datasafe Ritek G04 or Orange Over-prints G04 discs...

Best as I have reported time & again are the Purple Ritek G04 (actually has Ritek brand name on disc).
    [​IMG]
    [bold]Ritek Branded A Grade 4x DVD-R[/bold]

See other post for all pics ! : ]-~

5. bridgey

bridgey Member

Thanks Herbsman, i will try these Ritek discs..........Bridgey