1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ritek g03 or g04

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lojack, Mar 20, 2004.

1. lojack

lojack Member

hi all

was wondering which one was better for backups? i can get the g04 a little cheaper. also, where do you buy your media.

thankd
    lojack

2. gamemaka

gamemaka Guest

I have been using the G03's for as long as I can remember and have not had a single problem. No experience with the G04's but I think the only difference is the speed not quality.

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

g03 = speed of 1x and with some firm hacks to the dvd drive you can burn at 2x on it and it will still play normally...

g04 = speed of 1x 2x 4x multi speed dvdr nothing here to say it's the same as g03 but burns on 4x...

4. Benefic

Benefic Guest

GO3(about a hour) = Fantastic I have never had a bad backup using these disks(about 300). It does take a very long time to backup but time is expendable disks are not. Excellent price buy in bulk.

GO4(20-25 minutes) = Not so great in my case. I originally bought 100 of these when I first started backing up my games/DVD's. I thought if my DVD burner could do 4x why not use it. I had to drop the speed down to 1x and even then it still had some problems. I can't tell you how many were bad I'd say around 20 or so. But when it does work the speed difference is very quick.

I will stick with the G03's for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2004