1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek G03 vs Ritek G04

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by simojo, Aug 4, 2003.

1. simojo

simojo Member

I usually burn at 1x for reliability, using a Cendyne DVR-105. I've used G04's successfully. What success rate can I expect with G03's vs G04's? Are G03's lower quality that G04's? They're a bit cheaper at Meritline. Thanks.

2. mdubnik

mdubnik Member

The GO4s are just the newer 4X of Ritek discs. I just bought some of them from Rima.com, and I have had good success of burning at 4X. With Ritek, I think most people will tell you that blank media doesn't come much better than Ritek. That's just my opinion.

3. djillini

djillini Regular member

You can't go wrong with either...I use GO3's because I have a pioneer 104 so i only burn @ 1x...in your case id stick with g04's since you have the 105 drive.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Use G03's if you dont have a 4x drive. Use G04's if you do. They are virtually the same disc quality if you get Grade A

5. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Same quality.
    differences between g03 and g04
    ~20 cents and fifteen minutes.
    You decide which is the better buy.

6. simojo

simojo Member

Thanks for the info guys. Exactly what I was looking for.

Follow Up Question: My understanding is that burning at low speeds will make a laser run less intense and a bit cooler, and possibly increase burning reliability. Am I putting less wear on my burner by running at low speeds, or just wasting my time? That's ultimately where I was going with my original question.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

If they are 4x burners, they are designed to burn at 4x. I wouldnt worry about it at all. I always burn at 4x and when the pioneer DVR107 comes out ill burn at 8x.