1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek G04, not so hot?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jackl1495, Dec 1, 2004.

1. jackl1495

jackl1495 Member

I've been using Princo discs to back up my ps2 games, they work well, but not flawlessly. I heard a lot of good stuff about Ritek G04

bought some, burnt it, and it performs pretty badly so far. (GTA SAN ANDREAS)

anyone else dissapointed by Ritek? anyone prefer somethign else?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i have no problems with ritek. im surprised you ps2 even reads princo (mine doesn't).

3. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

TDK 2x DVD-r burned at 1x is what I recommend. It is a little pricy compared to others. You can get a 100 pack for around $90, if you look good enough. Meritline sells the 100 pack for $304, they are a rip off, avoid them.

4. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

I've been using Ritek's for a couple years with no problems until recently. It seems that the quality of the G04's has gone down. I have to load each game like 10x's before it finaly laods. Then it freezes up etc... It seems like they don't make the true branded disks anymore, just the hub branded ones and they aren't true 4x didks. THey are only 4x with Data burning. Even though when I burn PS2 games I always burn at 1x it's still annoying to only be able to burn movies at 2x.

5. jackl1495

jackl1495 Member

appreciate your input guys.

shame to hear a decline in Ritek, i bought a 25 pack, thinking it could give me pristine copies for my games.

TDK is the new standard? anyone agree with that?

6. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I think that Maxell is the new standard ...

.. However .. Any brand carrying the ID of RICHOJPN is very good media (of course this only applies to +R) ..

7. Jaison

Jaison Guest

i use Ritek to backup my dvd movies 100% ok. princo will stop at 60ms

8. ceno82

ceno82 Member

TDK -8x suck ass for Need for speed underground 2

I used riteks all tht time but I guess lately theres been some bootlegs or some shit going around and now they suck!

9. Djlai78

Djlai78 Member

There is your problem, 8x. slow down your burning to only 2x and the games will work alot better. I use Ritek all the time and I think they are the best ones I have ever used.

10. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

I've used all of the media mentioned, and what I've found is that none of them are going to perform flawlessly 100% of the time. You're going to get a few bad burns out of every spindle, regardless of it's size or the speed at which it was burned

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  11. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

These brands are professional grade, the best you can get.

Maxell
    Memorex
    Mitsui
    Panasonic
    Pioneer
    Taiyo Yuden
    TDK
    Verbatim

12. Drifty

Drifty Member

Had the same problem :(
    after reading on this forum forever(!) i thought i should be right, but when I finally got my swapmagic and tried to load tony hawk 4, I got it (after multiple loads) the into stuttered badly until it wouldnt read any more :(
    that was burn at 1x on a blank riteck using a pioneer with dvd decrypter

gunna try it 1 more time when i get home but i think the blank riteks are no good for PS2 (Awesome for DVD movies tho)

13. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

im suprise no one has mentioned fuji film. they are great media mostly all of them are identified as RICHOJPN. i messed around with ritek for half a year, and no problems with them untill the last two months. like it was mentioned; it seems like somebody is bootleging this media. all i can say is i hope you trust the place where you are getting them from. but from now on ive switched to fujifilm or maxell. i know for sure that fujifilm never degrates its media by letting crappy manufactures to produce faulty media from them

14. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

im suprise no one has mentioned fuji film. they are great media mostly all of them are identified as RICHOJPN. i messed around with ritek for half a year, and no problems with them untill the last two months. like it was mentioned; it seems like somebody is bootleging this media. all i can say is i hope you trust the place where you are getting them from. but from now on ive switched to fujifilm or maxell. i know for sure that fujifilm never degrates its media by letting crappy manufactures to produce faulty media from them

15. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Actually I would have to say Sony or Verbatim,but they can get pretty expensive.I don't mind Ritek G04 discs which are not really bad,but maxell would have to say stay away from them.I have had some very bad experiences with maxell which seem to mess up after a long period of time.I never tried fujifilm so can't really say if they are good or bad,but the top dvd media I think are Sony and Verbatim.I am kinda shocked nobody mentioned the actual Sony discs they are really good,but like I said they can get expensive.The Sony discs work flawless since it is a Sony product.

16. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

L_burna whats up buddy? i agree with 'ya. Verbatim's are good, i personally like the Digital movie ones. sony is up there too.

17. jackl1495

jackl1495 Member

damn, wealth of knowledge, this is better than i'd expected, thanks so much guys.

i'll pick up some verbatims, faling that i'll shell out for some sonys

infinite thanks guys.

18. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

word of advice, always buy the sunday paper to check your local computer store sales, get the bestbuy, circuit city, compusa or anyother u.s.a computer store flyer. they are always in that supersize sunday newspaper edition. Specially now in Xmas season.. the sales get good.

[bold] HAPPY HOLIDAY WISHES TO ALL [/bold]

19. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

I've been using Legacy brand 8x DVD-R's ever since I got my burner, I back up all my games and movies at 8x and they all work flawlessly. Haven't had a single one that hasn't worked in my ps2. These DVD's are extremely cheap on newegg, I highly recommend using these, they've been nothing but superb.

20. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i was almost tempted on buying the legacy brand, but chose to buy the dupsonic instead, bad choice, i didnt like dupsonic, if it burned at 4x youll get little swirls on the purple writtend side of the disk.
    maybe ill try the legacy brand, whats the media id on those?