1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek G04 please help!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by gulliver, Feb 23, 2005.

1. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

I wanna buy some ritek dvd-r's cuz I've heard so many good things about them for burning ps2 backups and movies. I wanna get them from newegg because I like that site a lot but they don't say if they're G04's or not and I was wondering if anyone could tell me. And if they're not, could you at least tell me if they're good quality? thanks:) also, would anyone know if the 8x are multi-speed?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-369&depa=0

or

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-383&depa=0

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  2. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

If it was me i'd go for the RIDATA 8X DVD-R 4.7G 100 Pack Cakebox, it's what i use for movies, camcorder stuff, xbox & ps2!!!

3. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

is it the same ones that are at newegg in the link I gave? and will they burn slower than 8x?

4. JspOt

JspOt Member

NO do not get Ritek 8x because they are known to have problems with PS2. Ritek 8x are G05's. Get the Ridata 4x from Newegg in the 100 cakebox, those are labeled G04's and are reliable. Just make sure that when you back up, set BOTH Read and Write speed to the lowest setting possible.

5. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

Ive had no problems with the G05's to be honest, pioneer 108 at any speed! Having said the Getaway 2 on the Ps2 had choppy cut scenes, but you don't play the cut scenes so i'm not exactly heart broken! LOL

6. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

Ok, so now I'm confused. Has anyone else had problems with the 8x? Right now I'm using memorex 4x and I haven't had any problems but I wanna try ritek cuz everyone says they're better and they're cheaper:)

7. Stang04

Stang04 Member

Ritek Ridata 4x, dont bother with 8x, put it this way, slower the write speed, the better it is written to the disc. So go with Ritek Ridata 4x

8. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

Alright, makes sense to me. I'm used to burning at 4x anyway. Thanks for the input everyone.

9. hedmunky

hedmunky Member

Yeah the G05's I had problems with PS2, but worked fine for movies and XBOX.

10. JspOt

JspOt Member

I really have to recommend setting both your write and read speed to 2x at the most. It may have something to do with my burner (nec 2500a) but my backups that I burned and read at 4x were problematic. I even got errors trying to make a copy of the backup itself. When I set the write/read speeds to 2x, i did not have any problems backing up the backups and it performed much better. Just my 2 cents.

11. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

I would burn at 2x if I could, but either the burner or the discs won't let me burn slower than 4x. I have a Sony DRU-710A. I've tried nero, dvd decrypter, and now I use alcohol 120% for all my games and I can only burn at 4x. I have memorex right now and haven't had a problem with a game yet. Hopefully with the riteks I'll be able to burn at 2x though.

12. Crossbo

Crossbo Member

I have had nothing but problems with the Ritek 8X as well. I haven't gotten a PS2 backup to work with one of them yet. Movie backups are fine.