1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek G04 Problems (Boot-up)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by friesner1, Apr 8, 2005.

1. friesner1

friesner1 Member

I have been backing up my PS2 games for about a month now and thought I had it figured out. I was previously using some Memorex ProdiscF01 DVD-Rs that would play games on my PS2 but only if I used Alcohol 120% to burn the ISO. I ran out of those and purchased some Maxwell RitekG04 DVD-R's (Yellow top, made in Taiwan). I got Ritek because most of the places I looked recommended them. Now I can't get any games to boot up (I have tried to back up Legaia 2, Suikoden 3, Castlevania, Onimusha 2, etc). I tried using Alcohol 120%, DVD Decryptor (Dvd Decryptor wouldn't burn the image. It would go through the burning process but the disc would be blank when it finished), and Nero 6. I even tried combinations such as making the image with one and burning with another. I also tried a Nero UDF/ISO DVD and forced compatibilty, but all to no avail. I even decrypted the game using ISObuster and rebuilt it using Sony CD/DVD Gen (Yes, I put the files in the right order). I burned all of the ISO's with the slowest setting of 2.3x. I also used Nero CD-DVD Speed to check the quality of the burn and received all green. I do not understand why my backups will not boot. I have followed a multitude of FAQs on this forum, but none of helped me so far. I am using Swap Magic 3.3 with an Artec 8x8x12 dual layer DVD buner. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this problem was dealt with somewhere else on this forum. I spent a good few hours looking through here and couldn't find anything that helped. Before anybody asks, I have not updated my burner's firmware because I do not have floppy drive (the on-site instructions tell me one is required), but my burner isn't very old, purchased last August.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

I use verbatim(mcc) and fujifim(yuden).
    I burn at 2x with dvd decrypter.
    I leave the computer alone while
    the backup is burning.
    I havent had any problems with those media's.
    Check the siggy :)

3. friesner1

friesner1 Member

Ok, I updated my firmware and it did nothing. And the DVD Decryptor not burning was a really stupid mistake on my part (Test data was checked). I still cant even boot up any games though, so much for RitekG04 being any good.