1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ritek g04

Discussion in 'PS2' started by yas78687, Apr 8, 2005.

1. yas78687

yas78687 Member

hi, once i try to backup ps2 games onto ritek g04, the pc or ps2 dont notice the disc (pc) and the ps2 doesnt even play them... can you please help, like would it be best to use some other blank discs like TDK?... thanks

2. yas78687

yas78687 Member

ps, i use dvd decrypter and have a mod on my ps2 which allows me to play backup dvd games...

3. skidme

skidme Guest

i'm not a real big expert, but i have heard a lot of good things about ritek go4's.
    did u buy urs from Taiwan?
    i suggest downloading DVD Identifier t0 see who really made those disks. good luck

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2005
  4. yas78687

yas78687 Member

lol, thanks,
    yeah, theyre made in Taiwan...

5. tpham2006

tpham2006 Member

yea, this happen to a couple of my games. Its because the disc is a coaster. Burn them again at a slower speed and try not to use your comp when you burn them.

6. yas78687

yas78687 Member

what do you mean by a coaster? and also, my discs can only burn at 4x speed... tried a slower but only does that speed... but it still says a successful write...

7. skidme

skidme Guest

Hey, I think I may have figured out the problem. It may be in the actual DVD drive. I also ordered Ritek g04's, and when I got them, tried burning a game image at 4x. I would have liked to burn at 1 or 2x, but I have a DigitalMAX drive, which doesnt go below 4x with DVD-R's. Anyway I burned the game image, and it said that it was completed successfully. However, Right after the burn, the dvd wasnt recognised in my drive. I tried burning a diff one, and same thing happened. Then I decided to crossflash my drive to a Liteon, and was able to successfully burn the image(GTA:SA). That may be ur problem, i hope this helps. Feel free to aks more questions

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2005
  8. yas78687

yas78687 Member

sounds like the same prob, what do you mean by crossflashing your drive?

9. skidme

skidme Guest

The DigitalMAX Drives were sold around Thanksgiving, and were actually repackaged Liteon drives. I use the term crossflashing, because when i flashed the drive, it actually changed. However now I am starting to see that the problem may not have been the drive. The problem is the isks themselves!After I crossflashed the drive, I decided to try burning a game at 4X again. Again at the end it said i had burned successfully. And again, the DVD would not be recognized in my drive. I am now gonna try to burn a movie at 4x to see if that can be recognized and if any media can be burned at 4x.
    I have a hundred of these discs i dunno wat i will do with them if they dont work.

10. yas78687

yas78687 Member

i know! i just bought tons of these aswell, yeah i now am 100% sure theyre fake, what a shame. guess ill just keep them for show lol, or just bin 'em and will have to buy some TDK ones from actual shops near me rather than off the internet or Ebay...