1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ritek g04s status:incomplete?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nuttin_88, Apr 27, 2005.

1. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

I bought the ritek g04 and they came today when i copied my shadow of rome to my hard drive i burned it on my other ritek g04 that i had a small amount of and it worked perfectly but when i burned it on my new g04s it doesn't even start. Keep in mind that im burning with decrypter. I tried it with alcohol and still nothing. So what i do is i put them in dvd decrypter and i look at the id and everything else and everything is exactly the same except when i look at the status. When i put in an old g04 the status says empty when i put in the one i just purchased it says incomplete. I try this with multiple new g04s and they all say the same thing. So i'm wondering did i get a bad batch of dvd-r's or is it simply my burner that can't read it which i higly doubt.

2. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

by the way when i put the blank dvd in a screen comes up asking me if i want to burn with nero or open a writable cd folder. That's another reason why im confused because it says it's blank but i can't burn. please help

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

hmmm, that is strange. Have you upgraded your firmware for your dvd burner lately? I would do that if you haven't.

Also, did you purchase the new Ritek G04's from a different place than what you did before? They could be so-called "fake" G04's, and use a crappy dye. That is why you need to make sure you buy your discs from qualified sites and stores.

4. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

no they're real g04s but i have not updated my firmware. How do i do that and will it mess up my burner? I bought them from the same place i bought my other riteks.

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Whoever makes your DVD player (such as Samsung, LiteOn, etc.) go to their main website and they will offer firmware updates there.

I do believe that DVD Decrypter has an option to update your firmware as well.

6. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

i went to sony.com and i din't see anything about firmware update

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

ummm, type in your DVD drive you have in google and type firmware update or something like that after it.

So here would be an example "Sony DRU-700A firware update"

Download the latest version firmware you can find for your dvd drive.

[bold]Or better yet, open DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools" then "Drive" then at the way bottom "Check for firmware updates"[/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2005
  8. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

im not sure if the firmware is the problem because i have the exact same blank dvds. I know this because i ran both of them through dvd decrypter and the exact same thing comes up except for the status and the button that allows you to start the burning process doesn't get highlighted.

9. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

how do i check to see what type of dvd burner i have

10. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yeah, that is strange that you have the same exact discs but they don't work. Maybe it is a bad batch? But the chances of that are slim to none.

But seriuosly update your firmware, it is good to do anyways. I had problems burning certain discs in the past and after I upgraded my firware to the newest version my problems disappeared.

You might have to open up your computer and take out the DVD Drive and look on that to find the exact model. That is what I had to do to find mine.

11. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

yea that's what i figured but i will try that tomorrow because right now i don't have the discs because i was getting ready to send thend them back so i left them at my job. But tomorrow im going to try I hope you will be here to help me i appreciate it. One more question
    will updating my firmware damage my burner?

12. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

No, you will not ruin your burner, but just make sure not to turn off the power or do anything like that in the middle of the update (that's obvious). I actually have updated my firmware 3 times total, and have never had a problem.

You can count on me being here tomorrow, I practically live on my computer :)

13. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

thanx man