1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek Media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Helfire, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Helfire

Helfire Member

Hey not sure if this has been asked before but...

Does anyone know if Ritek DVD-R media x8 is any good? ie. reliable, good for burning movies, lasts along time etc.

Thanx!!

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey Helfire,

In regards to your question, Ritek media is good. I know of a couple of people who do use it and heard that is it reliable.

As far as burning movies, it isn't too much of an issue. Personally, I use Memorex's which are HIGHLY debatable around here.

Also, they will last awhile. If you are going to be keeping these movies, and I am assuming that you are, it is a good idea to run tests on your media to make sure they are still in working order.

This might be helpful to you as well...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/172030

You will see MANY different opinions about media here, and also in the forums pertaining to DVD Media.

Hope this helps you!

;)

3. Helfire

Helfire Member

Hey man thanx alot for your input

I know what you mean about Memorex, thats the media i use mainly, about 400 movies done with them!! And apparently form the forums they are meant to be crap...ah well.

Was just wondering about Ritek because i found a site where there pretty cheap and i heard they were meant to be ok.

By the way cool Venom animation!

4. rmcrae1

rmcrae1 Member

I've been more than pleased with the Ritek R03 +R that I have. Not one has gone bad over the past 4 months, and little to no coasters that I remember. They also give pretty decent PI/PIF error scans. I burn at 4x regardless of the speeds. errors decease dramatically at 4x.

5. biddboy

biddboy Member

Have burned over 1000 Ritek G04 & G05's (-r), the last 200+ have been hub & non-hub printables. My burner is the Nec 2500a. All play perfectly in my home dvd players. It depend's what disc/burner combination you have.