1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ritek question or is it shrink?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by actech, Aug 29, 2004.

1. actech

actech Regular member

i was wondering why im finding riteks to not play in some stand alones that play other brands. i took a music backup to a party last night and it would not play. (rca player) it was a 2 disc concert and i ran out mid burn 1 disc + 1 disc - neither would play. but the imation back ups i had played the memorex played. all made with shrink and nero. non player was the newest ive made with the newest shrink the others older versions. the olders when inserted the menu would say dvd shrink was inserted + or - worked. the newest - stated error unable to read disk, the + stated it was joe satriani live but would not play. when you hit play it said an error occured and to shut the player off. any ideas i know i could rebackup with an older version to see but why waste disks. and he just got 2 new movies he wants me to make him backups of but if they wont play whats the point.

2. actech

actech Regular member

no responce yet. will wait a couple days before posting on a different thread

3. Acme8790

Acme8790 Member

I am not 100% sure but I have noticed the same thing. My PS2 plays my backups of DVD's and CDR's but my JVC DVD player will not. Now with some media I noticed it will try to play but it will skip like hell. Now my JVC player was top of the line about 5 years ago, but back then the technology wasn't out to read the media formats we have today. My simple solution was buying a cheap $38 Apex at walmart. They play all my backups.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Could you explain this a little better?

Maybe it's just me but I'm having trouble following what exactly what's going wrong with what. If you could be more specific and provide more detail it may help us to help you :)

5. actech

actech Regular member

a friends rca dvd player has played imation burns memorex, fuji, but won't play riteks. i took a concert dvd over the other night when i backed it up (2 disk concert) i used my last - and my first +. it was - disk 50 of a 50 pack and + disk 1 of a 100 pack. this concert was backed up with the newest version of shrink. i use + or - because my jvc plays anything, his rca plays anything + or - but riteks. just wondering if its the media or if something is different with shrink. i've done the apex thing didn't last long enough, kinda like when i bought a optorite dvd burner.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It looks like a simple case of incompatibility with the Riteks for that particular player. You might have a look at this link and see what you can find on your particular player(s):

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

7. actech

actech Regular member

thanks
    i figured if it played blanks it would play. first time found one picky on the media. just lucky