1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek Red Wrapped vs Retail Cake Box-Need input

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by TR47, Oct 8, 2004.

1. TR47

TR47 Member

Recently I ordered some Ridata G05's in the red wrapped OEM packaging, and afterwards noticed that Rima and Meritline were no longer selling those, but switched to the retail cake box versions. I use an automatic duplicator and have had some problems with erratic burns using the red wrapped ones, but almost none with the retail versions. I have also noticed that the ones with a J4 batch code burn more slowly than the ones with a J3 code. This is puzzling, since these discs appear identical but perform differently. There is nothing really wrong with them, other than the rejection rate is much higher on the red wrapped variety. All of these discs burn fine in my PC drive since it is not calibrated the same, despite them both being Pioneer A07 drives. Does anyone know why this happens? I have been reading Ritek's quality control has been declining lately, and that they are switching to the new M02 dye which apparently is not as good as the G04/05 dye. As a result of this, I have been trying to find an alternative media to switch to if Ritek continues this downward quality slide. Any input on Ritek would be appreciated, as I love their discs but am worried about loss of quality.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

just thinkin thoughts:

I am really new, ter this kind of forum, but I'm old in years and, I've noticed some recent threads, whilst, being almost, impossibble to understand,

Always end telling this ol'fool Ritek ain't no good.

just thoughts from a paranoid Ritek user.

gringle/mike

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]give instuction to a wise man. Then he will become wiser, give instruction to a fool. Then he will become wiser. It's all about time.. [thet slanty-eyed bloke I used to read][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2004