1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek Ridata Inkjet Printable

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jamacaboi, Jan 5, 2005.

1. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

Anyone else having trouble with Ritek RiData inkjet printable media?

I had a 50 pack spindle of Ritek RiData 4x DVD+R coded RICHOJPN01. Backed up my Manchurian Candidate and 10 other DVD's on my NEC 1100A. Nothing but errors when ran through DVDINFOPRO. I burned these DVD's at 2.4x speed.

I re-backed-up my Manchurian Candidate again on Maxell DVD+R with my NEC 1100A burner. Not one error when ran through DVDINFOPRO.

I also tried Ritek RiData 8X DVD-R G05 inkjet printable. Did a test to see if I was gonna be unlucky again. I once again backed-up my Manchurian Candidate on my NEC 1100A and my Sony DRU 710A burner. Nothing but errors when ran through DVDINFOPRO. I burnt this one 4x speed.

I used Taiyo Yuden DVD+R on both burners with no problem to back up my Manchurian Candidate.

Whats up with Ritek media or is it just my bad luck 2 times in a row.

Any thoughts?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Ritek is one of the best media on the market, but thats not saying you couldn't have purchased a bad batch. It seems you had done enough media switching to prove the point. I would contact the company you bought them from and see about a refund or exchange. Ritek is the only brand of media I use these days. Unless we hear of more problems with Ritek I think it may be a selective bad batch.

Jerry

3. koaow

koaow Member

About inkjet printable, I highly recommed you Prodisc's.
    No Stack Ring and a lower price=)

4. zenzen453

zenzen453 Guest

Try buying DVD-R and see if you get the same issue. Personally, I would rather use Prodisc 4X DVD-R (but don't use Prodisc 8X) for any video backup with your NEC 1100A for a much cheaper price. You should have no issues with it. Ritek/Ridata 4X/8X are way more expensive than Prodisc.

5. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

Funny you should mention the Ritek RiData DVD-R. I got some inkjet printables last week. They were 8X and coded GO3. And yep you guessed it, same problems. I burned one at 4x speed, target size set to 4300. Ran it through DVDINFOPRO and yep, full or errors. Again I did the same project with Maxell DVD-R and DVD+R at 4x speed and target set at 4300 and no errors.

Just my bad luck. I am using Taiyo Yuden inkjet printable now and regular Maxell (which never fails for me) and so far not one bad burn.