1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek Ridata Printable with r200 printer

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jcee2k4, Jan 14, 2005.

1. jcee2k4

jcee2k4 Member

I just purchased the Ritek Ridata Printables from Meritline.com & noticed that when i print using my epson r200 printer, the picture quality is a bit yellow. Before this i used the prodisc hub printables & the picture quality was excellent.

I was wondering if it could be the media & the surface of the ridata that is making a color difference. Please help? Thanks.

2. Hotdog59

Hotdog59 Guest

Hi

Dose it print photos and other stuff okay on paper. A blocked jet on one of the other colors can cause a print to look tinted (mine came out to "blue" as red was partly blocked). Use the Maint feature within printer properties to check heads. Other than that, never had any problem printing on Ritek stock.

Hotdog

3. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

Use the "nozzles check, head cleaning and print head aligment" features.

It might be also the surface of the media (I have no problems with RITEK printable media) but I had with photo papper, I bougt a 2 for 1 special of photo papper and came up too blury the images then I switch to Epson papper and problem solve.

4. jcee2k4

jcee2k4 Member

Thanks guys for the response. I did clean the nozzles & now i think i'm getting a much better quality. I've tried the Prodisc hub 8x printables. I have the ritek ridata printables (not hub) 4x which are really good (no coasters yet). I will try the ty printables next time. In your opinion, which one will be the best one?

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can also try to bump up your printer color correction to +1 or +2 and give that a try these disk's may just be thinner than others and your printer head is not hitting the disk completely.
    To do this after you hit print in the Epson printing software you will see a little slider just slide it to the right :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005