1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek Vs. Verbatim

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by DiRect, Aug 8, 2004.

1. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Hi,
    Post all the negatives and positives of both of those media's than at the end please help me decide which one is better because I want to buy a at least 200 of one of them, and can't decide which one! Which one do you guys recommend?

2. Stoner51

Stoner51 Guest

I suggest you buy a couple sample packs, or at most 25. try them both out decide which one you like best or is more affordable and go with that. If you haven't burned any with your drive I wouldn't start out with 200. I have used BeAll TDK ritek verbatim and memorex. Didn't care for the memorex -R bought a pack of 5 to test 2 were coasters not such a good ratio. I like ritek -r 8x and tdk+r 8x. They seem to work well for me and aren't to expensive either.
    Just my opinion.

3. 2005

2005 Regular member

testing is a virtue.. you see i happen to like memorex -r's pretty well... bought a 25 pack for 30 bucks (ripoff) and burned 5 of them.. all played back in my computer, ps2, and standalone dvd player and it played back in both my DVD-ROM and DVD-Burner drives.

I like memorex but im buying RITEK -r's from newegg.com.. 50 packs for 22.50 so im getting two of em.

It makes a huge difference, your burner type and firmware will matter.. you hardware dvd player will also make a difference.

4. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Hi,
    Yea I've heard that Verbatim and Ritek are the best ones. I would like to use Ritek because of what I read about them, but unfortunaly Ritek is not available in Canada, so I guess I will have to try Verbatim.

Regards,
    DiRect

5. mrman

mrman Regular member

yes ritek is available in canada i live in canad and i order ridata riteks all the time check out www.blankmedia.ca
    they sell many different riteks and have the best prices iv seen! im in toronto and there are places that sell it locally if your not willing to buy off of the net

6. john179

john179 Active member

I would say take Stoner51 advise as he is advising you with the most sensible approach to media he's a wise man.Never rush in and buy for the sake of it or go off someone elses advise when it comes to media.All drives can react different to others so get yourself a bunch of sample discs together.You can then compare price and quality with the end results from your sample disc's.I always put quality before price and try to even it out where possible.I have made a few mistakes in the past going for price and one just recently and it cost me more in the end.
    John179

7. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Hi,
    Yes, but can I get your guys opininons or experiences from these two types of DVD - R's? Like which one do you think is better, just in your opinion, and thanks mrman, I will surely check out this website and some other local places.

Regards,
    DiRect

8. john179

john179 Active member

My personal opinion is Ritek is a better disc for me and many others say the same.

John179

9. scottzhai

scottzhai Member

I recommended $98 for 200pack with free shipping from store.yahoo.com/cdrdvdrmedia

10. wanttono

wanttono Member

Hi All
    I was very disappointed when I read that the lifespan of a medium quality DVD r was about 2-3 years....
    I am following this thread for the quality (Life
    Span) and not look (to much) at the $ .......
    continue on .....that was my 2 cents worth
    Frank

11. 2005

2005 Regular member

Its a fairly new thing (dvd burning) and we still really havent got cdr's life span laid out strait forward yet either.