1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riteks freezing???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by LexLuther, Aug 26, 2004.

1. LexLuther

LexLuther Member

I ordered the famous riteck GO4 after going through a 5 pack of Sony's. Still get the freezing at the end. I updated the aspi, DMA is on, using DVDcloner2 then tried DVD Shrink. The movie plays great until the end. I tried Bad Boys 2. Had the percentage to 77% and it was 4463 mb. DVD burner is a brand new Sony 530UL. could the PC be my problem? Its a Sony AMD 1.0Ghz, 256MB Ram, plenty of hard drive space. I do have a Dell laptop that is P4 1.7 Ghz, 128MB Ram and about 37gig free hard drive space. I have burned on this computer using DVDcloner2 with both Sony and Ritek DVDs with the same outcome...........freezing. Any thoughts? I have read this forum and tried everything I could find (aspi, DMA, media). Please help. The copies are great until the end. Even when using DVD Shrink, when looking on the back side of the DVD, it is not writing anywhere the edge of the disk; probably 3/8 to 1/2 of an inch from the edge. I am stumped.

2. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

All I can say is that its not the PC. I am running my burner on a PII 400 with 128MB RAM and I dont have ANY issues.

You are copying using DVDShrink but what do you use to burn? Have you tried Nero?

3. LexLuther

LexLuther Member

After DVD shrink was finished with the encoding, I inserted a blank DVD and it started burning by itself. I do have Nero 6 on my PC (which is what I was going to burn with) but when it started burning in DVD shrink, I thought I would let it go and see hwat happens. I do think I saw somewhere in DVD Shrink where it said burn using Nero. Does DVD shrink detect Nero on your system and automatically burn using it? I was pretty confused last night when it stated burning by itself, but I thought thats the way it worked.

4. LexLuther

LexLuther Member

Oh yeah, the DVD player I am playing on is a new (3 months old) Sony 725 progressive scan, and it recognizes all formats DVD+R(W) & DVD-r(W). I am using DVD-R Ritek. How can I be sure they are GO4? It doesn't say on the disks anywhere. I ordered online. Does Ritel make anything other than GO4? I tried burning at 2.4X also.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

7. brian100

brian100 Guest

Not all Ritek media is the same.

The UK is suffering, at the moment, with variable grade Ritek media hitting the market. If your supplier can't supply "A" grade Ritek then take your business elsewhere.

There are a lot of "scumbag" retailers looking to exploit the good name of Ritek. Beware.